Today's payments industry has reached an unprecedented level of competitiveness among banks, nonbanks, and vendors. Newer payment methods are expanding options that have remained relatively unchanged for generations. Banks and payment processors face increasingly complex and risky decisions, and the stakes have never been higher. In this turbulent market, every stakeholder in the industry, from financial institutions to payment processors to merchants, needs more than facts and figures to succeed; they need critical analysis and insightful decisions.
The Worldwide Payment Strategies advisory service provides groundbreaking, fact-based research on the most substantial challenges facing the payments industry. Particular attention is given to assisting the technology buyer in making decisions regarding which vendor to select or which strategy to follow.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Emerging trends in payments such as mobile and alternative payments
- Electronic bill payments and presentment
- eCard-linked offers, loyalty, and rewards
- Enterprise risk and fraud management affecting payment products
- Legal or regulatory issues, including card interchange, fraud and security, and cross-border payments
- Enterprise payments strategy, including payment hub architecture and performance management
- The future of payments infrastructure and cloud-based services, including the growth of mobile point of sale, online purchasing, payment gateways, and mobile application
Throughout the year, this service will answer the following topics:
- What do financial institutions need to know about emerging technology?
- What are the market opportunities for solutions providers and vendors?
- How will new technology providers and start-ups affect the market?
- What part will mobile, cloud, and big data mean to the payment market?
- How will regulatory issues change the payment market for vendors, financial institutions, merchants, and consumers?
- Why do financial institutions need to modernize and streamline payments infrastructure?
The Worldwide Payment Strategies advisory service assists financial institution line-of-business managers with advice on strategic and operational risks and opportunities that arise from technological change.