Today's payments industry has reached an unprecedented level of competitiveness among banks, nonbanks, and vendors. Newer payment methods are expanding payment options that have remained relatively unchanged for generations. Banks and payment processors face increasingly complex and risky decisions, and the stakes have never been higher. In this turbulent market, banks and payment processors need more than facts and figures to succeed; they need critical analysis and insightful decisions.
The Worldwide Payment Strategies advisory service provides groundbreaking, fact-based research on the most substantial challenges facing the payments industry. Particular attention is given to assisting the technology buyer in making decisions regarding which vendor to select or which strategy to follow.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Mobile funds transfer and bill payment
- Mobile wallets and card-linked offers
- Enterprise risk and fraud management, including leveraging existing fraud prevention technologies to emerging payment methods, such as mobile funds transfers
- Legal or regulatory issues, including card interchange, single euro payment area, fraud and security, and cross-border payments
- Enterprise payments strategy, including payment hub architecture and performance management
- Projecting existing payments infrastructure into cloud-based services, including mobile application platforms and in-app purchasing
- Financial supply chain management and business-to-business epayments
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How can banks leverage mobile networks and devices to open up new revenue streams and strengthen customer relationships?
- How can banks manage payment fraud risk most effectively? What are the costs and benefits of an enterprise risk management strategy? What tools and service providers should financial services companies be considering?
- Where is the potential opportunity in financial supply chain management, and what do financial institutions need to do to compete effectively in a market that requires far greater cooperation between different business units, such as trade finance, treasury services, and commercial lending?
- Why do financial institutions need to modernize and streamline payments infrastructure to reduce processing costs and facilitate new product development, particularly in the emerging areas of mobile and cloud services?
- How can financial institutions replace revenue lost due to regulation or court settlements? What potential is there in card-linked offers, expansion into mobile and cloud payments, and financial supply chain management?
The Worldwide Payment Strategies advisory service assists financial institution line-of-business managers with advice on strategic and operational risks and opportunities that arise from technological change.
- Fact-based, in-depth examination of industry trends and best practices
- Continual monitoring and guidance on the ever-changing landscape of legal and regulatory issues
- IDC MarketScapes, providing a standardized, rigorous comparison of leading payment technology providers
- Regularly updated blogs and commentary on payment technology issues as they happen
- Regional analysis and benchmarking of relevant payment industry providers
- Worldwide market sizing and forecasting to improve sales planning and marketing strategy
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking to guide competitive strategy
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.