IDC's Technical Computing service is the leading global provider of strategic business planning information on high-performance technical server system environments for the public and private sectors (government, industry, and academia). By examining advanced technologies, major user requirements, applications, and adoption dynamics, this service provides insight into the behavior of existing and emerging segments within the computationally and data-intensive technical computing market. This service includes inquiry hours with IDC HPC analysts.
- Competitive segments (from workgroup systems to high-end supercomputers)
- Segmentation by processors, OS, architectures, and price bands
- Regions (North America, EMEA, Japan, Asia/Pacific, and ROW)
- Technical server market dynamics and vendor market share
- Coprocessors, accelerators, and heterogeneous architectures
- Technical cluster, grid, and cloud models and initiatives
- Operating systems, support software, and programming models
- Power, cooling, and facilities requirements and trends
- Technical application performance and developments
- Emerging markets such as cloud computing and high-performance data analysis (Big Data needing HPC)
- Processor, storage, interconnect, and file system trends
- Worldwide Technical High-Performance Systems Census
- Worldwide Technical High-Performance Systems Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide High-Performance Analytics Systems Forecast and Analysis
- Major Industry Announcements
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Will the high-performance server market continue to exhibit healthy growth? Who will be the next wave of buyers?
- Which segments are driving the technical computer market?
- Which application areas have the greatest affinity for which architectures and processors?
- What are the best opportunities for high-performance analytics?
- Will clouds emerge as economically important topologies for technical users?
- How will technical markets adopt multicore processors and coprocessors such as GPUs, MICs, and FPGAs?
- What are the trends in important emerging markets such as China, Russia, India, Korea, Singapore, and Brazil?
IDC's Technical Computing service examines how high-performance hardware and software vendors are positioning themselves to compete in today's market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the technical computing market, including:
Acceleware, Adaptive Computing, Allinea, Altair, Amazon, AMD, Autodesk, Blue Arc, Bull, CEI, Cisco, Cluster Vision, Clustercorp, Convey, Cray, Dawning/Sugon, DDN, Dell, DRC, EMC, Emcien, ETI, Eurotech, eXludus, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, Inspur, Instrumental, Intel, Lang Chao, Lenovo, LexisNexis, Lightfleet, Liquid Cool, Lockheed, Luxtera, MathWorks, Mellanox, Micron, Microsoft, Mitrionics, Mu Sigma, Myricom, Nallatech, NEC, NetApp, Nimbis, Northrop Grumman, NVIDIA, Panasas, Penguin Computing, Pervasive Software, PGI, RAID, Rogue Wave, RSC, R-Systems, SAP, SAS, ScaleMP, SGI, SiXis, Spansion, Spectra Logic, SuperMicro, Techila, Tech-X, Terascala, Teratec, Tilera, TotalView, T-Platforms, T-Systems, Unisys, Univa UD, Virident, Visual Numerics, VMware, Voltaire, Wipro, Xilinx, and Xyratex.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Program Vice President, High-Performance Computing
Research Vice President, High Performance Computing