Supported by a virtual team of analysts based in all regions of the world, IDC's Global Sourcing Strategies service identifies opportunities and analyzes strategies for IT and business services firms, technology firms with services businesses, and pure-play offshore services companies. The service leverages IDC's worldwide analyst coverage to deliver forecasts, local and regional trend analysis, and competitive analysis of key services players.
- End-customer spending and forecasts on global sourcing services
- Established IT and business process services firms' global sourcing services activities
- Role of automation on IT and business process services
- Local and regional global sourcing services trends
- Impact of crowdsourcing and Internet of Things (IoT) on the services industry
- Customer preferences and best practices regarding global sourcing services
- Significance and key roles of Brazil, Russia, India, and China (the BRIC countries)
- Comparative analysis of global sourcing providers' strengths and weaknesses
- Country-level analysis
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis for Global Sourcing of IT Services
- Worldwide Forecast and Analysis for Global Sourcing of BPO Services
- MaturityScape on Outsourcing-Managed Services
- Impact of Cloud Services on Global Sourcing Models
- Outsourcing-Managed Services Deal Making
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which services do customers prefer to have (and not to have) sourced from which geographic locations?
- How will global sourcing impact the future delivery capabilities of service providers?
- What effect will the global sourcing phenomenon have on IT and business services pricing?
- What is the structure of an optimal global sourcing model?
- How does a global sourcing strategy offer opportunities regarding IT and business process outsourcing (BPO) services?
- How will the adoption of cloud-based services impact the global sourcing model?
AEGIS LOGISTICS LIMITED, ARICENT INC, Accenture plc, Atos S.A., Capgemini S.A., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, EXL Service Holdings, Firstsource Solutions Limited, Fractal Analytics Inc., Fujitsu Limited, GLOBALLOGIC INC., Genpact Limited, HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, ITC Infotech India Ltd., Infosys Limited, Larsen & Toubro Limited, Luxoft Holding Inc., NEORIS, NIIT TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Softtek, Stefanini IT Solutions, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Tech Mahindra Limited, Unisys Corporation, WNS, Inc, Wipro Limited