As IT vendors wrestle with unpredictable markets, their strategies have swayed between promoting vertical solutions to solve business issues and offering horizontal solutions to address end-to-end organizational needs. IDC's United States Black Book: State IT Spending by Vertical service is a quarterly analysis of the status and projected growth of the IT industry in 50 states (plus Washington, D.C.) and across 16 vertical markets. The information is crafted to arm U.S. sales and marketing organizations with the specifics they need to allocate resources and target opportunities by state and by industry.
- Economic health of each state
- Size and growth of IT spending by state and vertical
- Key industry trends in each state
- Events impacting IT spending by state and vertical
- Drivers of growth by state and vertical
- IT Spending Forecast by State and Vertical Market
- IT Spending Segmented by 15 Technologies
- IT Spending Forecasts Delivered Quarterly
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which states and regions offer the most opportunity for increased IT spending?
- Which industries are most prevalent in each state, and how is their status changing?
- Which states are the largest spenders on IT?
- Which IT markets show the most promise by state and by industry?