The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is a semiannual analysis of the current status and projected growth of information technology spending in the banking industry. This global five-year outlook on spending by banks provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies. This service combines IDC's extensive technology forecasts with deep industry knowledge provided by IDC Financial Insights analysts and ongoing primary research in the banking industry.
The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is developed and updated through IDC Financial Insights' ongoing primary and secondary research, along with direct communication with industry experts, banking executives, and vendors. The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is the benchmark for consistent, detailed market data on the capital markets industry, providing a profile of IT spending across 30+ functional processes, 4 geographic regions, 2 institution types, 5 banking segments, and 4 company size tiers.
The Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide is segmented by:
- Geographic region (North America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and the rest of the world)
- Functional process including channels, payments, core processing, and several others
- Technology (hardware, packaged software, IT services, and internal services)
- Institution types including banks and credit unions
- Banking segment including consumer banking, corporate and institutional banking, corporate administration, enterprise utilities, and shared services
- Institution size by tier 1 through tier 4
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide banking IT opportunity?
- Which technologies and customer segments in this market are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- How are technology growth rates changing over time as markets mature?
- How can I validate assumptions about these technologies and customer segments?
By presenting a worldwide view and a segmented perspective on IT spending by financial institutions, the Worldwide Banking IT Spending Guide helps IT suppliers targeting the banking sector identify market opportunities and execute an effective strategy.