The European IT Opportunity: Government service provides detailed quantitative information about the European government sector, including central and local government markets. The service provides information and communication technology (ICT) spending based on primary end-user surveys and interviews, for government subsegments and domains, such as defense, public security, tax and revenue, and welfare. It also offers insights into the total IT spending of the largest government institutions, in particular, the largest government departments and the largest cities in each of the top 5 Western European countries. The analysis delivered by this program leverages government-specific consolidated tools and methodologies developed by IDC's Vertical Market Center.
This European IT Opportunity: Government service develops unique and comprehensive analyses of data focused on providing broad and deep market assessment capabilities to ICT suppliers and allowing government CIOs to benchmark their investments against their peers. Relevant market data is collected through IDC Government Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, government sector players, and technology vendors, complemented by secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
The European IT Opportunity: Government advisory service delivers detailed analysis in the following areas:
- Top 10 predictions for 2014 — significant events that are expected to affect the European IT market in 2014
- Hardware, software (public sector–specific and nonpublic sector–specific applications), and IT services spending
- Analysis of major hardware, software, and IT services contracts and initiatives through a quarterly newsletter
- Analysis of ICT spending for the largest government entities in the five largest Western European countries, namely France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
- Reporting of key survey results in terms of solution investment trends and uptake of third-generation platforms
Our research answers the following questions that are critical to your success in the public sector market:
- How much European governments invest in IT by country and by subvertical?
- Who's who in hardware, software, and IT services suppliers in the European government sector?
- What types of government contracts are being signed?
- Who are the largest IT spenders in the Western European government sector?
- In what countries and government subsegments are investment in cloud, big data, mobile, and social media moving faster?
The European IT Opportunity: Government service is designed for executives responsible for IT strategy, innovation, and technology in the public sector.
- Analysis of ICT investment plans by government segment and subsegment
- Analysis of solution and technology adoption, and by government segment and subsegment
- Analysis of contracting trends in the government sector
IDC Government Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area (some restrictions apply)
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-gi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Government Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Government Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.