IDC, in close partnership with users and vendors in the technical high-performance computing (HPC) industry, created the HPC User Forum, a unique service that identifies buyer/user requirements and vendor capabilities within this market. This forum promotes the interests of HPC users worldwide in industry/commerce, government, and academia. The HPC User Forum is an extension of IDC's long-standing commitment to the global HPC community.
- Selecting future architectures
- Success stories, best practices, and common user requirements
- New technologies and market events around the world
- Future product directions in hardware, software, networking, storage, and services
- Performance analysis and evaluations of HPC technical servers
- Important trends such as many-core/multicore, alternative processors, green HPC, cloud computing, and Big Data
- Help set the direction of the forum and HPC market research
- Collaborate and network with peers
- Receive timely research documents on the HPC industry
- Discuss application needs and workload requirements with other HPC users in industry, government, and academia
- Present accomplishments at meetings and in IDC documents
- Participate in HPC market studies
- Reports on User Requirements for Future HPC Solutions
- HPC User Forum Meeting Notes
- Weighing Processor, Coprocessor, and Accelerator Options for HPC Systems
- HPC Storage and Data Management: User/Vendor Perspectives and Forecast, including the Emerging Big Data Market
- Hitting the Application Performance Wall: How Can Software Evolve to Meet the Challenge?
- Market Dynamics and Buyer Preferences for Entry-Level Technical Servers: "Officemate" HPC Systems — The Next Big Thing?
- Exascale Challenges for the HPC Ecosystem
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the future of high-end HPC? Smaller systems?
- Where are the next big HPC market opportunities?
- How can HPC users influence vendors' offerings?
- How can HPC vendors influence HPC developments in industry, government, and academia?
- What are the user requirements for HPC systems?
- Where are the new opportunities for HPC vendors?
IDC's HPC User Forum examines how HPC vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the HPC market. This service reviews user requirements, strategies, market position, and the future direction of the marketplace. Companies covered include:
Acceleware, Adaptive Computing, Allinea, Altair, Amazon, AMD, ARM, Autodesk, Blue Arc, Bull, CEI, Cisco, Cluster Vision, Clustercorp, Convey, Cray, Dawning/Sugon, DDN, Dell, DRC, EMC, Emcien, ETI, Eurotech, eXludus, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Instrumental, Intel, Lang Chao, Lenovo, LexisNexis, Lightfleet, Liquid Cool, Lockheed, Luxtera, MathWorks, Mellanox, Microsoft, Mitrionics, Mu Sigma, Myricom, Nallatech, NEC, NetApp, Nimbis, Northrop Grumman, NVIDIA, Panasas, Penguin Computing, Pervasive Software, PGI, RAID, Rogue Wave, RSC, R-Systems, SAS, ScaleMP, SGI, SiXis, Spansion, Spectra Logic, SRC, SuperMicro, Techila, Tech-X, Teratec, Tilera, TotalView, T-Platforms, T-Systems, Unisys, Univa UD, Virident, Visual Numerics, VMware, Voltaire, Wipro, Xilinx, and Xyratex.