As the threat landscape continues to baffle and overwhelm the IT organization, Security Services transform global service delivery models and professional security services. This is increasingly driven by enterprise board-level oversight, data and intellectual property protection, and compliance. IDC expects major market shifts as customers across all size segments increasingly rely on managed (CPE) and cloud security services to meet their security requirements, and as cloud services adoption moves from private to hybrid to public cloud. As enterprises merge, acquire, and partner, professional security consulting and integration services will grow as customers seek to improve internal security depth and operational efficiencies. IDC's Security Services research examines these areas and enterprise behavior causing these shifts as well as evaluations of security service vendors' competitive landscape, portfolio gaps, and vendor share.
- Worldwide professional (consulting and integration) security services
- Worldwide managed security services
- Threat intelligence/cybersecurity services
- Identity and access management services
- Security services trends in the datacenter
- Security services market forecast by top-line segment
- Security services competitive analysis
- Security compliance and governance services
- Analysis of cloud-based and CPE-based delivery models for managed security services
- Virtualization security services
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation services
- Security Consulting and Integration Services: Worldwide and U.S. Market Forecasts and Analysis
- Security Services Vendor Profiles
- Security Services Enabler — Companies Behind the Scenes Driving Services (RSA, McAfee, Qualys, etc.)
- Managed Security Services: Worldwide and U.S. Market Forecasts and Analysis
- End-User Case Studies
- Event Summaries
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment. Security Services.
- What are the key trends emerging within the security services market, and how will the market grow in the near future?
- What are the current and forecast sizes of the overall security services market, and where are the changes occurring?
- What are the managed services growth areas?
- What are the opportunities for identity services and products?
- What are the requirements to gain share in these markets?
- Which vendors are providing services as it relates to enterprise demand?
- How are consulting, implementation, and managed services overlapping?
IDC's Security Services research analyzes the strategies, market positions, and future direction of major vendors in the security products market. A representative list of these vendors may include:
Accenture, Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, BearingPoint, British Telecom (Counterpane), CA Technologies, Capgemini, CenturyLink-Savvis, Cisco, Covisint, CSC, Dell SecureWorks, Dell SonicWALL, Deloitte & Touche, EMC (RSA), Entrust, F5, Fujitsu, General Dynamics, HP-EDS, IBM ISS, Infosys, Level 3, Lockheed Martin, McAfee, Microsoft, Neustar, Northrop Grumman, Novell, NTT (Dimension Data, Solutionary), Oracle, Orange Business Services, Perimeter E-Security, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Prolexic, Qualys, SafeNet, SAIC, Sprint, Symantec, Tata Communications, Trend Micro, Trustwave, Unisys, VeriSign, Verizon Enterprise Solutions, and Wipro.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community athttp://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.