IDC's Tablets program analyzes the exceptionally dynamic tablet and 2-in-1 markets and the ecosystems that support them. It considers adoption trends by worldwide region and by consumer and commercial segments, and deployment of operating systems and connectivity technologies, in particular 3G and 4G mobile broadband and WiFi. It also looks at how content companies and service providers are creating new content and service business models to address the growing installed base of these devices. This IDC program identifies market trends, highlights opportunities, and evaluates key players in the ecosystem.
- Tablets and 2-in-1s, plus the software and services that drive adoption of these devices
- Trends in operating system and connectivity technology deployment, in particular 3G and 4G mobile broadband and WiFi
- Business models for content delivery to tablets and 2-in-1
- Consumer and commercial demand and technology and usage preferences for tablets and 2-in-1s
- Worldwide Tablet Forecast
- Worldwide Tablet Commercial Survey
- Worldwide Tablet Screen Size Forecast
- Worldwide Tablet Installed Base Forecast
- Worldwide Tablet Consumer Survey
- Frequent IDC Links with up-to-the minute market analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors in markets for tablets and 2-in-1s, and which screen size is likely to gain the greatest acceptance?
- What is the outlook for tablets and 2-in-1s in relation to smartphones and portable PCs?
- Which business models for delivering content to tablets are likely to be most successful?
- How are operating systems and connectivity technologies being integrated into tablets and 2-in-1s, and what are the implications for content and service providers?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc., AT&T Inc., Acer Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Allwinner Technology Co., Ltd., Amazon.com, Inc., Apple Inc., Archos SA, Barnes & Noble, Inc., Dell Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HP Inc., HTC Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Intel Corporation, LG Corp., Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Nokia Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, QUALCOMM Incorporated, RCA Corporation, SQUARETRADE, INC., SYNAPTICS INCORPORATED, Samsung, Sony Corporation, Sprint Corporation, T-Mobile Czech Republic a.s., The Walt Disney Company, Toshiba Corporation, Twitter, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc.