IDC's Tablets CIS program analyzes the exceptionally dynamic tablet and ereader markets and the ecosystems that support them. It considers adoption trends by worldwide region and by consumer and commercial segments, and deployment of operating systems and connectivity technologies, in particular 3G and 4G mobile broadband and WiFi. It also looks at how content companies and service providers are creating new content and service business models to address the growing installed base of these devices. This IDC program identifies market trends, highlights opportunities, and evaluates key players in the ecosystem.
- Tablets and ereaders, plus the software and services that drive adoption of these devices
- Trends in operating system and connectivity technology deployment, in particular 3G and 4G mobile broadband and WiFi
- Business models for content delivery to tablets and ereaders
- Consumer and commercial demand and preferences for tablets and ereaders
- Worldwide Tablet Forecast
- Worldwide eReader Forecast
- Tablet Buyer Survey Results
- Frequent IDC Links with up-to-the minute market analysis
- IDC Insights that analyze the software and services that power today's tablets and ereaders
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key drivers and inhibitors in markets for tablets and ereaders, and which screen size is likely to gain the greatest acceptance?
- What is the outlook for tablets and ereaders in relation to smartphones and portable PCs?
- How are operating systems and connectivity technologies being integrated into tablets and ereaders, and what are the implications for content and service providers?
- Which business models for delivering content to tablets and ereaders are likely to be most successful?
IDC's Tablets research examines the rapidly evolving market of tablets and ereaders. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several key players in this market, including:
Acer, Allwinner, Amazon.com, AMD, Apple, Archos, Asurion, ASUS, AT&T, Barnes & Noble, Dell, Fujitsu, Google, HP, HTC, Huawei, Intel, Kuno, LG, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, NVIDIA, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Rockchip, Safeware, Samsung, Sony, Sprint, SquareTrade, Synaptics, Texas Instruments, T-Mobile, Toshiba, Twitter, Verizon Wireless, and Walt Disney Co.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.