IDC's eDiscovery and Information Governance service provides a cross-disciplinary IT solutions view of the enabling technologies and services that allow companies to address the following objectives: information integrity and confidentiality, process integrity and application availability, information retention and disposition, and enterprise risk management. Taking a bottom-up infrastructure approach, this service provides an in-depth analysis of the intersection of the information management, information security, and infrastructure management technologies. This research tracks the technology and competitive developments for technologies that support legal discovery, information governance, privacy, risk management, and security compliance.
- Information governance
- IT operational risk
- Data privacy solutions and services
- eGRC and IT GRC management software
- Defensible deletion
- Governance, risk, and compliance in the era of cloud, big data, social platforms, mobility, and social platforms
- Early case assessment applications
- Archiving for governance and eDiscovery
- Enterprise risk management
- Best practices in IT GRC management
- GRC Infrastructure Market Taxonomy and Forecast
- eDiscovery Infrastructure Market Taxonomy and Forecast
- IDC MarketScape: Early Case Assessment Applications
- IDC MarketScape: eDiscovery Review Platforms
- IDC MarketScape: IT GRC Applications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the adoption of the 3rd Platform technologies impacting the corporation's existing risk and compliance obligations, as well as future challenges and regulatory requirements? What are the most critical risk and compliance challenges?
- What are the competitive landscape and market opportunities around technologies that address information governance, compliance, and enterprise risk management in the era of the 3rd Platform?
- What is the impact of the technology and regulatory developments on the ecosystem of risk and compliance solutions?
- What are the investment priorities for organizations looking to enhance their existing risk and compliance programs?
- What are the changes, if any, to buyers' preferences in consuming risk and compliance management solutions and services?
IDC's eDiscovery and Information Governance service examines how vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the compliance infrastructure market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers, including:
Accenture, Agiliance, Archer Technologies, Autonomy, Cataphora, CA Technologies, Clearwell, EMC, FTI Consulting, H5, HP, IBM, Iron Mountain, KPMG, Microsoft, NetApp, OpenText, Oracle, Proofpoint, Protiviti, Recommind, Symantec, and Trustwave
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.