IDC's eDiscovery and Information Governance service provides a cross-disciplinary IT solutions view of the enabling technologies and services that allow companies to address the following objectives: information integrity and confidentiality, process integrity and application availability, information retention and disposition, and enterprise risk management. Taking a bottom-up infrastructure approach, this service provides an in-depth analysis of the intersection of the information management, information security, and infrastructure management technologies. This research tracks the technology and competitive developments for technologies that support legal discovery, information governance, privacy, risk management, and security compliance.
- Information governance
- IT operational risk
- Data privacy solutions and services
- eGRC and IT GRC management software
- Defensible deletion
- Governance, risk, and compliance in the era of cloud, big data, mobility, and social platforms
- Early case assessment applications
- Archiving for governance and ediscovery
- Enterprise risk management
- Best practices in IT GRC management
- eDiscovery Market Forecast
- eDiscovery Market Taxonomy and Forecast
- IDC MarketScape: Early Case Assessment Applications
- IDC MarketScape: eDiscovery Review Platforms
- IDC MarketScape: IT GRC Applications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How is the adoption of 3rd Platform technologies impacting the corporation's existing risk and compliance obligations, as well as future challenges and regulatory requirements? What are the most critical risk and compliance challenges?
- What are the competitive landscape and market opportunities around technologies that address information governance, compliance, and enterprise risk management in the era of the 3rd Platform?
- What is the impact of the technology and regulatory developments on the ecosystem of risk and compliance solutions?
- What are the investment priorities for organizations looking to enhance their existing risk and compliance programs?
- What are the changes, if any, to buyers' preferences in consuming risk and compliance management solutions and services?
AGILIANCE INC, ARCHER TECHNOLOGIES L L C, Accenture plc, CA Technologies, EMC Corporation, FTI CONSULTING, INC., GUIDANCE SOFTWARE, INC., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Iron Mountain Incorporated, KPMG International, Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Protiviti Inc, Symantec Corporation, TrustWave Holdings, Inc.
Sr. Research Analyst, Security Products
Program Director, eDiscovery and Information Governance