There are six critical dimensions for understanding the European, Middle Eastern, and African server markets: demographics, technology trends, the channel, the purchasing process, characteristics of the purchaser's business, and the application hosted on the system. IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Server Workloads service aims to provide a quantitative view of the last three of these dimensions. By segmenting the server market by workload, purchasers, OEM vendors, software vendors, and the channel can target their investments at growing workloads. When combined with a detailed segmentation of platforms, customers are able to get a better understanding of how servers are used.
This service covers the following markets and segments:
- 35 countries (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K., Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Rest of Africa, Rest of Middle East)
- Annual market shares and mid-year update
- Annual five-year forecast and forecast update
- Seven operating systems (z/OS, i5/OS, Unix, Windows, Netware, Linux, Other)
- Four CPU types (RISC, CISC, EPIC, x86)
- 11 price bands
- New versus upgrade shipments
- Direct versus indirect sales
- Shipments and revenue
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Workloads analyzed by market share and forecasts by country
This service addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which vendors "own" different workload categories?
- Which workloads are running on each system category?
- Where is the server replacement opportunity?
- Which workloads are most successful in which countries?
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Server Workloads service examines how server vendors' business differs by workload. The following vendors are included: Dell, Fujitsu, Bull, HP, IBM, Linux, Microsoft, Sun, Unix, and x86 server vendors.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
Market share and forecast database.
Market share and forecast database mid-year update.
Written analysis of the above data.