IDC's European Printers service assesses opportunities for the full range of printers from consumer to network, departmental, and high-end devices. Market data and analysis are provided for 16 Western European countries with forecast updates. User survey research provides a balanced perspective of the market. Topics addressed in this service include supply opportunities, distribution channels, and user segmentation. Analysis also leverages on extensive IDC user and vendor research from IDC's 100-plus research services, such as multifunction peripherals, quarterly printer trackers, printers by region/country, digital cameras, PCs, quarterly PC trackers, networks, the Internet, and the annual Global Information Technology user survey.
- Production printers: continuous form, color, and monochrome
- Printers by technology, speed, and value
- Printers by home, small business, and medium/large business markets
- Distribution channel shares by printer technology
- Printers by country in Western Europe (16 countries)
- Printer trends, forecast, and analysis
- Printers by distribution channel
- Printers by user segment
- MFP and printer convergence
- Installed base and supplies
- End-user research
- Western European Continuous Form Systems and Printer Engine Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- Western European Color Production Printer/MFP Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- Western European Monochrome Production Printer/MFP Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- Western European Printer Distribution Channels Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018 Printer Data Book Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- Western European Printer Sector Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- Western European Inkjet and Page Printer Installed Base, Page Volume, and Supplies Forecast, 2014–2018
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which printer market segments (technologies, countries) will provide the greatest growth?
- How large is the printer supplies market relative to the hardware market and what is the growth potential?
- What are end-user segment shares by printer type (home, small business, etc.)?
- What are the distribution channel shares and forecasts by printer type?
IDC's European Printers service examines how major printer vendors and vendors with printer-related technologies are positioning themselves to compete in this market. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the printer market, including Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera Mita, Lexmark, NRG, Océ Printing Systems, Oki Printing Systems, Olivetti Tecnost, Panasonic, Printronix, Ricoh, Samsung, Sharp, TallyGenicom, and Xerox.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Director, European Imaging Hardware Devices and Document Solutions
Quarterly Research Manager, European Quarterly Printer Market Tracker
Program Director, Imaging and Hardcopy Devices and Document Solutions, European RegionSolutions