IDC Manufacturing Insights' Product Innovation Strategies research advisory service examines key challenges facing manufacturers related to the design, development, and reuse of their intellectual property and the product life cycle. The service provides fact-based research on tools, strategies, and best practices in product life-cycle management (PLM) to meet business challenges in ideation and innovation, product and portfolio management, design and engineering, and end of life and disposal. We also examine how manufacturers can make better and faster product-related decisions through an innovation platform that takes advantage of new technology capabilities and serves changing business relationships and conditions.
This advisory service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, manufacturing executives, PLM professionals, and PLM software and service providers that contribute to the innovation platform. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with our manufacturing line-of-business clients to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for manufacturing executives.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Business pressures and trends in global product development
- In-depth coverage of current and emerging PLM topics
- Developments in tools, technologies, and best practices for innovation platforms
- Governance models for product life-cycle innovation and collaboration
- Software budgets and spending trends for PLM and innovation platforms in manufacturing companies
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the product life-cycle challenges and opportunities for manufacturers in the current global economy?
- What strategies can manufacturers deploy to maximize intellectual property (IP) across the product portfolio?
- What tools are available to manufacturers to address complex product development, especially with respect to managing the integration of mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software components in systems engineering?
- How can manufacturers capitalize on capabilities such as visualization, simulation, and intelligent search to support their product development efforts? How can manufacturers realize more value from their existing PLM and innovation platform investments?
- How do manufacturers take advantage of newer technologies such as big data/analytics, cloud, mobile, and social collaboration to improve their innovation processes?
The Product Innovation Strategies advisory service is designed for:
- Executives and managers responsible for product life-cycle methodologies, processes, and systems, and for IT executives who support these activities
- Design engineering, manufacturing, service, and quality management executives who will also benefit from this service
- PLM strategies focused on end-to-end decision making, global process optimization, and individual task performance
- Recommendations for aligning processes and key performance indicators with strategic goals
- Guidance for maximizing tool utilization and providing business benefits across multiple functions
- Proactive discussions about emerging trends and innovation in PLM
- Understanding how business pressures and product development strategies influence PLM buying decisions
- Understanding where and how PLM tools integrate with the enterprise and identifying market opportunities and partnerships
- Insight into the competitive landscape
IDC Manufacturing Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-mi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Manufacturing Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Manufacturing Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings.