IDC Manufacturing Insights' Product Innovation Strategies research advisory service examines key challenges facing manufacturers related to product design, development, engineering, and reuse of intellectual property and optimization of product performance across the life cycle. The service provides fact-based research on tools, strategies, and best practices in product life-cycle management (PLM) to meet business challenges in ideation and innovation, product and portfolio management, design and engineering, and end of product life and disposal. We also examine how manufacturers can make better and faster product-related decisions through an innovation platform that takes advantage of new technology capabilities, including analytics and mobility, and serves changing business relationships and conditions.
This advisory service develops unique analysis based on comprehensive data through IDC Manufacturing Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, manufacturing executives, PLM professionals, and PLM software and service providers that support a product innovation platform. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with our manufacturing line-of-business clients to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports. Our analysts are also available to provide individualized advice for manufacturing executives.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Business pressures and trends in global product development
- In-depth coverage of current and emerging PLM topics such as PLM analytics and digital twins
- Developments in tools, technologies, and best practices for product innovation platforms
- Exploration of new innovation models including ideation, customer needs management, and enterprise quality management
- Software budgets and spending trends for PLM in manufacturing companies
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the product life-cycle challenges and opportunities for manufacturers in the current global economy?
- What strategies can manufacturers deploy to maximize intellectual property (IP) across the product portfolio?
- What tools are available for manufacturers to address complex product development, especially with respect to managing the integration of mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software components in systems engineering?
- How can manufacturers capitalize on capabilities such as visualization, simulation, and intelligent search to support their product development efforts, and how can manufacturers realize more value from their existing PLM and innovation platform investments?
- How do manufacturers take advantage of newer technologies such as big data/analytics, cloud, mobile, and social collaboration to improve their innovation processes?
- Executives and managers responsible for product life-cycle methodologies, processes, and systems and IT executives who support these activities
- Design engineering, manufacturing, service, and quality management executives who will also benefit from this service
- CXOs and senior business line executives responsible for product innovation strategy and success