This IDC Web conference provides an analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view. When it comes to the outsourcing market, also referred to as managed services, the world of deal making is being challenged like never before. The combination of more players, a turbulent economy, new delivery models, and increasing pressure on customers to do more with less is changing the market for outsourcing deals. These changes involve shifts in key deal metrics such as annual contract value (ACV), average run rate, and average length, as well as changes in where the best opportunities are, whether by geography, industry, or deal size. Further, new customer behavior, coupled with the introduction of new delivery models, is helping reshape the structure of outsourcing contracts and the directions they are taking.
By leveraging IDC's BuyerPulse Services Deals Database, the world's largest database of services deals, which currently contains more than 51,000 contracts, IDC provides an analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view from 4Q13 through 4Q15 (December 31, 2015). IDC shows that success in deal making will require vendors to pursue key markets, incorporate strategic capabilities, and ensure that they are positioned optimally.
In particular, this presentation and discussion of deal signings highlights the following:
- Where are the best opportunities across key segments, including deal sizes, industries, and outsourcing markets by U.S. and worldwide views that can drive revenue expansion?
- What are the strategic trends and directions in key deal metrics, such as total contract value (TCV), average deal lengths, annual total contract value, and average run rates needed to architect deals?
- What types of large outsourcing deals are coming up for renewal, and where are they coming from?
- Which vendors are winning and which are losing?
- How are customer needs shaping deals, and are there disruptive events and factors in the market to which vendors will need to take action to ensure success in winning future deals?
Application Development, Testing and Management Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Americas Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Asia/Pacific Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Australia Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Canadian Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Europe, Middle East and Africa Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Latin America Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: United Kingdom Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: United States Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide BPO Services , BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide Services , Global Sourcing Strategies , HR, Talent and Learning Strategies and Services , Mobile Professional and Outsourced Application Services , Outsourcing and the Impact of Cloud Services , Worldwide BPO Services Market Forecaster: Vertical Markets , Worldwide Finance, Accounting, and Procurement BPO Services