Region's Top IT Performers to Be Recognized at Second Annual 'IDC Insights IT Excellence Awards'
07 Jan 2014
International Data Corporation (IDC), the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets, is delighted to announce that nominations are now open for the second installment of its prestigious 'IDC Insights IT Excellence Awards'. Running alongside the industry's hugely influential IDC Middle East CIO Summit, which this year takes place at Dubai's Jumeirah Beach Hotel on February 24–25, the ceremony will highlight excellence in the areas of innovation, IT governance, change management, business enablement, and IT cost efficiency.
The awards ceremony, to be hosted by IDC's group vice president and regional managing director for the Middle East, Africa, and Turkey, Jyoti Lalchandani, will honor the region's top-performing CIOs in each of the five categories outlined above. And in recognition of the vastly different operating environments in which they exist, each category will have two winners – one from the private sector and one from the public sector; 'honorable mention' certificates will be also awarded to those nominees who demonstrated significant achievements in each category. The two CIOs that score the highest average across each of these individual categories will be crowned as IDC Insights' 'CIO of the Year' for their respective sectors, bringing the total number of awards to be handed out to twelve.
To be eligible for consideration for the 'IDC Insights IT Excellence Awards', all nominees are required to meet the following criteria:
- They must hold the position of CIO (or equivalent) within a company based in the Middle East region, and have done so for at least 24 months.
- They must have led, within the last 12 months, the implementation of a pioneering IT project, the particulars of which must be explained in detail in the nomination form.
- They must have demonstrated outstanding skill and effort in the fields of innovation, change management, IT governance, business enablement, and cost efficiency.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, February 9. The evaluation of all nominations and the subsequent selection of finalists will then be independently undertaken by a multidisciplinary team comprising IDC's global executive leadership, expert analysts from IDC Insights, respected regional academics, and renowned thought leaders from the Middle East technology industry. Each submission will be treated with the highest confidentiality, and the ultimate winners will be selected by a panel of highly respected IDC senior executives. The full judging process is outlined below:
- Validation – Senior IDC consultants will validate all entries. If a nomination does not match the criteria required for the selected category, it will be transferred to the one that best fits the project. Entries will be checked for completeness and may be returned with requests for more information. If the IDC consultants decide the nomination does not meet any of the stated criteria, they reserve the right to remove it from consideration.
- Evaluation – Following validation, all nominations will be sent to our panel of independent experts from across the region for evaluation and scoring.
- Announcement – The selected winners will be announced during the 'IDC Insights IT Excellence Awards 2014' ceremony to be held at Dubai's iconic Burj Al Arab hotel on the evening of February 25.
For more information about the inaugural 'IDC Insights IT Excellence Awards 2014', please contact Ronita Bhattacharjee, associate vice president for conferences at IDC Middle East, Africa, and Turkey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +971 4 391 2747. Alternatively, you can visit the dedicated event website here.
ContactFor more information, contact: