360-Degree Stakeholder Collaborations and Bold Innovations, Balanced by Prudent Investments, will Shape the APeJ Government Sector in 2014: IDC Government Insights
06 Dec 2013
Singapore and Hong Kong, December 6, 2013 – In 2014, governments in the Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) region or APeJ are expected to enhance strategic objectives across three main themes: 360-degree stakeholder engagements, 3rd Platform service transformations and a heightened focus on building future competencies with cutting-edge technologies; all driven by sound and prudent ICT investments to realize cost management agendas.
The following highlights the top 10 predictions for 2014:
360-degree stakeholder engagements, collaborations and participation
• Prediction #1: Developments in artificial intelligence through the growth of big data and analytics technologies will likely boost personalization in e-government services
• Prediction #2: Over 80% of APeJ governments will invest in collaborative ecosystems for collective intelligence and crowd-sourcing initiatives
Driving critical government innovation in IDC’s 3rd Platform era of technological change
• Prediction #3, #4, #5, #6: Migrating to 3rd Platform connected governments- leveraging cloud computing, big data and analytics, mobility and social business technologies for multi-pronged service delivery in over 85% of APeJ governments
o Cloud computing- central APeJ governments will leverage the cloud as a means to further Whole-of-Government (WoG) agendas in cost savings and operational efficiencies through increased cloud-related IT consolidation and shared services initiatives
o Big Data and Analytics (BDA)- the lack of manpower skills, knowledge and competencies to exploit BDA will lead to greater spending by APeJ governments to improve domestic BDA know-how and use patterns
o Mobility- combating mobile security, threats, privacy, liability and data loss will be key focuses for APeJ mobile-government service implementations
o Social Business- bidirectional feedback rather than just one-way broadcast communications channels will assist APeJ governments to derive real value in social investments
Innovating boldly for sustained future relevance and competitive advantage
• Prediction #7: Driven by national development agendas for future sustainability, 10-15% of APeJ governments will likely realize 'Stage 2: Opportunistic' smart cities milestones as defined by IDC Government Insight's smart city maturity model
• Prediction #8: From connected technologies to connected workforce to connected operations: the Internet-of-Things and smart machines will boost operations of critical infrastructures
• Prediction #9: Network and web security, data loss prevention and identity and access management challenges will feature new security and risk-mitigation techniques with APeJ governments seeking to redress national paranoia over increasingly complex threat landscapes
• Prediction #10: The potential rise of infonomics in APeJ governments- managing the value of information assets
More insights are revealed in the report, "Designing Tomorrow's Governments- Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) or APeJ Government Sector, 2014 Top 10 Predictions” (Doc #AP243801).
"In the pursuit of investing in innovative ICTs for organizational relevance, as well as competence and effectiveness, outcome-based measurements must still be in place. Notably, prudence considerations such as transparency, value-for-money practicality and stakeholders’ accountability will continue to dictate the soundness of government investments today," says Gerald Wang, Research Manager, IDC Government Insights Asia/Pacific.
"The 3rd Platform era of technological change through advances in cloud, analytics, mobile and social technologies provides an excellent opportunity for APeJ government agencies to pursue more innovative (and even more disruptive) programs aimed at improving productivity and performance," he adds.
For more information on obtaining this report “Designing Tomorrow's Governments- Asia Pacific (excluding Japan) or APeJ Government Sector, 2014 Top 10 Predictions” (Doc #AP243801), please contact Madhura Moulik at email@example.com.
- Ends –
About IDC’s Predictions
IDC’s annual Predictions in APeJ draws upon the latest IDC research and a worldwide brainstorming exercise among IDC’s 1000+ analysts. This was followed by an extensive regional review to weigh in on key industry events, user trends, vendor strategies and economic measures that promises to uniquely define the technology trends that would impact and drive the market in APeJ for 2014. Across the globe, following the release of IDC’s global top ten predictions, IDC’s geographic, technology and industry teams will be releasing their own specific predictions in the coming months.
About IDC Government Insights
IDC Government Insights assists government policy, program, and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of government and IT industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the Federal/Central and local/provincial Governments. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-gi.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 571.296.8060. Visit the IDC Government Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/government.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. For more than 48 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
ContactFor more information, contact: