Top Ten 2013 Predictions for the EMEA Healthcare Sector Revealed by IDC Health Insights
17 Dec 2012
London, UK, December 17, 2012 – Last week, IDC Health Insights revealed their Top 10 Predictions for Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) healthcare industry in a complimentary web conference. Attended live by healthcare organizations and vendors, the web conference highlighted key trends and developments that will impact EMEA healthcare business and technology investment decisions in 2013 and beyond. Click here to view the recorded web conference: http://bit.ly/HI_Predictions2013_EMEAHealth
Silvia Piai EMEA Research Manager at IDC Health Insights said " Innovation in EMEA will move along the lines of four major driving forces: achieving the efficiency targets, the transformation of healthcare delivery models, the alignment of IT to the ever changing business needs and new sourcing models and technology selection metrics."
"Budgets cuts and healthcare service demand pressures have certainly added a further layer of complexity in healthcare IT, but changes in healthcare services offer and demand cannot be supported by just maintaining the status quo. The crisis has taken its toll on healthcare IT departments, but, today the third-generation platform technologies (cloud, social media, mobility, and Big Data) are offering to healthcare the opportunity to rethink their information systems in a more streamlined and agile environment." she adds.
IDC Health Insights EMEA top 10 predictions for 2013 and beyond are:
1. 50% of newly created shared services will focus on the value of patient information sharing, rather than pure cost saving
2. Health information exchange will bring stronger use case for cloud
3. BYOD policy will further drive client virtualization
4. Primary care organizations will adopt cloud if they experience pressure to improve business agility reforms
5. A significant part of primary care organizations will not be ready to address the need for big data analysis on services availability and performance
6. Healthcare providers turn to “omni-channel” to increase services’ access
7. Architecture integration will increasingly move away from point to point application interfaces towards health portals
8. The expanding walls of the healthcare organization will drive investments in federated IAM
9. CCIO will lead healthcare transformation at the nexus of applications, information and medical devices
10. Healthcare providers shared services will drive strategic sourcing
Web Conference Details:
December 13, 2012
IDC Health Insights' EMEA-focused predictions discussed prevailing health industry issues for 2013, while providing perspective into longer-term or emerging trends. While highlighting the dynamics of the current health industry market the web conference focused on common themes of cost containment, regulatory compliance, quality improvement and patient safety, EMR and EHR for providers, connected health, healthcare industry reform, and the life sciences value chain. Silvia Piai, Research Manager and Nino Giguashvili, Research Analyst presented the web conference. Click here to register: http://bit.ly/HI_Predictions2013_EMEAHealth
For additional information about this research, or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with an IDC Health Insights analyst, contact Kanupriya@idc.com. Follow IDC Insights on Twitter: @IDCInsights.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC's offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, for the coming year. During the next 60 days, IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2013. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2013 for a complete listing.
About IDC Health Insights
IDC Health Insights assists health businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the payer, provider and life sciences industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-hi.com, email email@example.com, or call 508-935-4445. Visit the IDC Health Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/health.
ContactFor more information, contact:
+44 20898 77111