How to Make Integrated Care a Sustainable Business Model Will Lead Discussions at IDC's 2nd Pan-European Health Executive Summit 2014
14 Aug 2014
LONDON, August 14, 2014 — IDC Health Insights' recent research highlights that shifting the center of gravity outside the hospital will ensure the future sustainability of integrated care service delivery by coordinating all players across the value chain, including hospitals, primary care, community care, private clinics, public health authorities, payers, life-science organizations, and, last but not least, patients.
IDC's 2nd Pan-European Healthcare Executive Summit 2014, which will take place in London on September 9–10, will explore and debate this new paradigm for the European healthcare landscape.
This year's summit will focus on Shifting the Healthcare Center of Gravity: How to Make Integrated Care a Sustainable Business Model. The summit will offer an exclusive setting for IT and non-IT executives, from leading European hospitals, primary care providers, public health authorities, and other stakeholders across the health value chain, to discuss how the center of gravity of healthcare service delivery is shifting outside of hospitals and how information technologies can support the transition.
A series of highly interactive workshops, case studies, and roundtable discussions will focus on healthcare organizations' key issues and challenges, such as:
- New policies, new technologies, and new demands — sustainable care service delivery
- Innovating and making such an integrated care delivery model sustainable in the long run
- Transforming healthcare provider organizations to fully leverage the power of 3rd Platform technologies
- Jeni Bremner, GM, European Health Management Association Ltd., Belgium
- Ruben Diaz, Medical Director, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Spain
- Claudio Saccavini, CIO, Arsenal: IT Veneto's Research Center for eHealth Innovation, and Co-Chair of the ITI Planning Committee, IHE International, Italy
- Cliff Morgan, Director of Critical Care and Chief Clinical Information Officer, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, U.K.
- Joanna Smith, CIO, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, U.K.
- Padhraig Ryan, HRB PhD in Health Services Research, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Joao de Deus, President, European Association of Senior Hospital Physicians, Belgium
- Jonas Hedegaard, Chefkonsulent for IT, Nyt OUH, Denmark
- Trung Duong, Direction du Système d'information Groupe, Hospitalier Mondor, France
"Integrated care is at the center of all healthcare systems transformation and reforms across Europe," said Silvia Piai, EMEA research manager, IDC Health Insights. "Integrated care is an effective way to address health system sustainability challenges posed by the pressure on care services demand driven by an aging population increasingly affected by chronic diseases and constraints in resources as a result of the difficult economic European climate. Information is the connective tissue in this new environment and ICT becomes really strategic in the healthcare organization. During the two days of the summit we will have an incredible opportunity to discuss, with the top European healthcare organizations, where technologies such as mobile, Big Data, cloud, IoT, and social media are changing not only health IT but also clinical processes and the relationships with patients. The dynamic and interactive structure of the summit, and the presence of IT and clinical executives, will really give us an insight into best practices and challenges in achieving integrated care."
View the full summit program here.
Event dates and location: September 9–10, 2014, UK
Event website: www.idc.com/PanEuroHealthcare14
About IDC Health Insights
IDC Health Insights assists health businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers that serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the payer, provider, and life sciences industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-hi.com, email email@example.com, or call 508-935-4445. Visit the IDC Health Insights Community at http://idc-community.com/health.
ContactFor more information, contact: