IDC Retail Insights Releases Top 10 Predictions for 2013
06 Dec 2012
Retailers deliver on the omnichannel promise in the coming year; IT critical to success
Framingham, MA – December 6, 2012 – Today, IDC Retail Insights hosted a webinar “IDC Retail Insights Predictions 2013: Retail” highlighting the top 10 predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Robert Parker, Greg Girard, Leslie Hand, Christine Bardwell and Ivano Ortis, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes that may be on the horizon. The Predictions Webinar series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. An audio replay of today's webinar will be available within 48 hours. To access the replay, please visit http://bit.ly/RI_Predictions2013_Retail.
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 - Omnichannel Retail Maturity will move from foundation to convergence, and from precision to immersion
- Prediction 2 - Retailers omnichannel objectives will require platform & architecture investments
- Prediction 3 - Retailers pivot merchandising and marketing on customer analytics to drive revenue and profit; relevance and reciprocity being the watchwords
- Prediction 4 - Retailers will invest in customer analytics, merchandising, and marketing technologies to curate commerce and contextualize communications
- Prediction 5 - The time is right to break down marketing silos
- Prediction 6 - Marketing processes and infrastructures will align with the omnichannel business
- Prediction 7 - Retailers will remove barriers and instead encourage the Stop Start Shopper
- Prediction 8 - The convergence of web-based customer experience touch points to unify the customer journey
- Prediction 9 - Retailers will optimize omnichannel customer service and cost by enabling trustworthy, efficient and effective supply chains (TEE)
- Prediction 10 - Retailers will invest in technologies that enable visibility, visualization and virtualization
“2013 will be a turning point in terms of industry momentum around delivering on the omnichannel promise,” said Robert Parker, group vice president, IDC Retail Insights. “This trend means we will be applying “new rules” to both the customer experience and supply chain execution. Technology will have a critical role."
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact email@example.com; reporters should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC’s offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, in the coming year. During the next 60 days, IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2013. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2013 for a complete listing.
About IDC Retail Insights
IDC Retail Insights assists retail businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the retail industry. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-ri.com, email email@example.com, or call 508-935-4490. Visit the IDC Retail Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/retail.
# # #
ContactFor more information, contact: