2013 FinTech 100 Rankings Released By IDC Financial Insights, American Banker, and Bank Technology News
07 Nov 2013
IDC Financial Insights, a leading provider of independent research and advisory services company, American Banker and Bank Technology News, SourceMedia's leading publications for banking and financial services professionals, today released the tenth annual FinTech 100 rankings of the top global technology providers to the financial services industry. The 2013 honorees were formally recognized this morning at an awards ceremony and breakfast briefing held at BAI's Retail Delivery Conference & Expo.
Some noteworthy highlights from this year's ranking include:
- Two of the top five have changed since last year's ranking: NCR Corporation is now #4, up from #5 in 2012; Cognizant Technology Solutions is now #5, up from #8 in 2012;
- Four of the top 20 companies are headquartered outside the U.S., and include: Tata Consultancy Services of India at #2, Infosys Limited of India at #10, Nomura Research Institute of Japan at #9 and Wincor Nixdorf of Germany at #10;
- Four companies climbed dramatically from last year: Investment Technology Group rose 26 spots to #66; as did OpenLink Financial to #43; Interactive Data Corporation moved up 19 ositions to #49; and SS&C Technologies jumped 11 spots to #26;
- There are five new entrants to the FinTech 100: CRIF made the highest debut at #46; Aurionpro Solutions at #88; BancVue at #89; Indecomm Corporation at #94; and EFT Source at #95; and Digital Insight (formerly Intuit Financial Services) is back on the list this year at #37.
"We are thrilled to be presenting this tenth year of the FinTech 100, the ranking that has become the global round-up of who's who in financial services technology," said Karen Massey, senior analyst, banking practice at IDC Financial Insights. "Our industry is continually balancing financial performance, regulatory and economic pressures, innovation, and evolving customer requirements, and the FinTech 100 highlights those providers that are efficiently, effectively, and successfully meeting their institution client needs in this very difficult era."
"Banks' IT spending initiatives are being driven by goals as diverse as getting into mobile payments, improving security, harnessing Big Data and enhancing the customer experience," said Penny Crosman, editor of Bank Technology News. "Some are looking to become more efficient and cut costs through business process management and outsourcing initiatives. Vendors on the FinTech 100 list are aware of these shifting priorities and modifying their offerings accordingly to stay relevant."
The 2013 ranking of the top 100 software and service providers in the financial services industry is categorized and evaluated by calendar year-end revenues (CY12) and the percentage of revenues from sales to financial services industry clients. The ranking includes vendors that derive more than one-third of eligible revenue from the financial services industry. Revenue from network, telecommunications, electronic exchanges and data services providers is ineligible. All rankings are based on IDC Financial Insights' revenue calculations including information provided by more than 400 individual public and private companies.
Vendors included in the 2013 FinTech 100 rankings are as follows:
1. FIS U.S.
2. Tata Consultancy Services India
3. Fiserv, Inc. U.S.
4. NCR Corporation U.S.
5. Cognizant Technology Solutions U.S.
6. Diebold, Incorporated U.S.
7. SunGard U.S.
8. Infosys Limited India
9. Nomura Research Institute, Ltd. Japan
10. Wincor Nixdorf Germany
11. Lender Processing Services U.S.
12. CA Technologies U.S.
13. First Data Corporation U.S.
14. Total System Services, Inc. U.S.
15. DST Systems U.S.
16. CoreLogic U.S.
17. SAS Institute U.S.
18. Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. U.S.
19. Equifax U.S.
20. Genpact U.S.
21. Misys UK
22. Ingenico France
23. Broadridge Financial Solutions U.S.
24. ACI Worldwide, Inc. U.S.
25. FICO U.S.
26. SS&C Technologies U.S.
27. Experian Group Limited U.S.
28. Syntel, Inc. U.S.
29. IPC Systems, Inc. U.S.
30. Temenos Group AG Switzerland
31. Fidessa Group PLC UK
32. Murex France
33. D+H Canada
34. Polaris Financial Technology India
35. Oberthur Card Systems France
36. Wolters Kluwer Financial U.S.
37. Digital Insight U.S.
38. Advent Software U.S.
39. Itautec S.A. Brazil
40. Moody's Analytics U.S.
41. MphasiS (An HP Company) India
42. TransFirst Holdings, Inc. U.S.
43. OpenLink Financial LLC U.S.
44. Harland Financial Solutions U.S.
45. SimCorp A/S Denmark
46. CRIF Italy
47. L&T Infotech India
48. Pegasystems Inc. U.S.
49. Interactive Data Corporation U.S.
50. SIX Payment Services Switzerland
51. 3i Infotech India
52. Aegis Global Communications U.S.
53. Charles River Development U.S.
54. Calypso Technology U.S.
55. Fundtech U.S.
56. Computer Services, Inc. U.S.
57. Linedata Services S.A. France
58. Virtusa Corporation U.S.
59. GFT Group Germany
60. BancTec, Inc. U.S.
61. Collabera U.S.
62. Luxoft Holding Inc Switzerland
63. BRQ IT Services Brazil
64. Bottomline Technologies, Inc. U.S.
65. Simplex Consulting, Inc. Japan
66. Investment Technology Group, Inc. U.S.
67. NIIT Technologies Inc U.S.
68. Hundsun Technology Inc. Ltd. China
69. Eagle Investment Systems LLC U.S.
70. Bravura Solutions Limited Australia
71. NICE Actimize U.S.
72. VASCO Data Security U.S.
73. Carlisle & Gallagher Consulting U.S.
74. Silverlake Axis MSC Malaysia
75. Clear2Pay Belgium
76. ARGO Data Resource Corporation U.S.
77. Scorto Corp U.S.
78. SmartStream UK
79. TransCentra, Inc. U.S.
80. Viewpointe U.S.
81. Celero Solutions Inc. Canada
82. GBST Holdings Limited Australia
83. Diasoft Russia
84. ISGN Corporation U.S.
85. Financial Technologies India
86. COCC U.S.
87. Eze Castle Integration U.S.
88. Aurionpro Solutions Limited India
89. BancVue Ltd U.S.
90. WAUSAU Financial Systems U.S.
91. TAS Group Italy
92. Multifonds Luxembourg
93. Primatics Financial U.S.
94. Indecomm Corporation U.S.
95. EFT Source, Inc. U.S.
96. Novantas, Inc U.S.
97. Scivantage U.S.
98. eFront Financial Solutions France
99. eMASON, Inc. U.S.
100. IND Group Germany
To obtain a complete copy of the report, please visit http://www.americanbanker.com/fintech100/
About American Banker, Bank Technology News and SourceMedia, Inc.
American Banker is the banking industry's most powerful resource for news, analysis, opinion and perspective about financial institutions, regulation, risk management, bank technology and market trends.
Bank Technology News is the technology resource of American Banker, providing in-depth news and analysis of the people, trends, innovations, and strategies that are reshaping technology at banking companies. Bank Technology News, available online at www.banktechnews.com, serves an elite community of IT professionals, as well as c-suite and line-business executives whose success depends on the effective application of today's changing technologies.
SourceMedia, an Investcorp company, is a business-to-business media company serving the financial industry and the related fields of professional services and technology. SourceMedia offers its clients and subscribers the leading edge in both print and digital information services; industry-standard data applications, in-depth seminars and conferences, research, and specialized marketing services. For more information, please contact Jeannie Nguyen at (212) 803-8324, or email Jeannie.Nguyen@sourcemedia.com.
About IDC Financial Insights
IDC Financial Insights is a leading independent and global provider of research-based advisory and consulting services that enable financial services industry executives to maximize the business value of their technology investments; minimize technology risk through accurate planning; benchmark themselves against industry peers; adopt industry best practices and drive technology-enabled business innovation. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the banking, insurance, and securities and investments industries. IDC is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-fi.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-620-5533. Visit the IDC Financial Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/financial
About William Mills Agency
William Mills Agency was founded in 1977 and promotes companies that sell a variety of products or services in a number of highly specialized vertical markets with a focus in the financial industry. The Atlanta-based agency represents companies throughout North America and Europe. For more information, please visit http://www.williammills.com/ or call Mr. Kelly Williams at (678) 781-7202
ContactFor more information, contact: