IDC Health Insights Releases Top 10 Market Predictions for Health Industry 2014
05 Dec 2013
New business models drive at least 50% of healthcare IT growth
Framingham, MA – December 5, 2013 – Today, IDC Health Insights hosted a web conference “IDC Health Insights Predictions 2014: Worldwide Health” highlighting market predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Scott Lundstrom, Cynthia Burghard, Massimiliano Claps, Lynne Dunbrack Nino Giguashivili, Judy Hanover, Sven Lohse, Alan Louie, Sash Muhkerjee, Eric Newmark, Silvia Piai, and Janice Young, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes on the horizon. The Predictions Web Conference series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. An audio replay of today's webinar will be available within 24 hours. To access the replay, please visit http://bit.ly/IDCHI_WWHealth_Predictions2014.
- ClicktoTweet, “IDC Health Insights Releases Top 10 Market Predictions for Health Industry 2014”
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 - New Business Models Drive at least 50% of Healthcare IT Growth
- Prediction 2 - Value-based healthcare moves care delivery from the four-walls to the community
- Prediction 3 - The Need for Agility On-Demand Turns IT Organizations Inside Out
- Prediction 4 - Service providers become the gatekeeper for the 3rd Platform
- Prediction 5 - HCOs Focus on Extracting More Value From Information
- Prediction 6 - Consumer Analytics Programs Fail Without Strong Data Governance Investments
- Prediction 7 - First generation EHRs will Fail
- Prediction 8 - Platform Underinvestment in BC/DR and Security Final comes Home to Roost, Drives Providers to the Cloud
- Prediction 9 - Healthcare Providers Accelerate Adoption of Operations Management Industrial Best Practices
- Prediction10 - Compliance will cost you more than you think
“Healthcare organizations are being asked to change at record speed. The way they deliver care to patients, the way they are paid, and the way they own and operate IT are all changing in response to healthcare reform and the emergence of accountable care,” said Scott Lundstrom, Group Vice President, IDC Health Insights. “To survive, health organizations need to become agile businesses that delivery high quality patient outcomes at a reduced cost. Information technology will play a key role in delivering these improvements.”
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or email@example.com. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; reporters should email email@example.com.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC’s offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide our outlook on the IT market, across industries, in the coming year. During the next 60 days, IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2014. Please visit http://www.idc.com/predictions2014 for a complete listing.
About IDC Health Insights
IDC Health Insights assists health businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the payer, provider and life sciences industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-hi.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-935-4445. Visit the IDC Health Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/health.
# # #
ContactFor more information, contact: