IDC Energy Insights Releases Top 10 Predictions for Worldwide Oil & Gas in 2014
11 Dec 2013
IT spending in Oil & Gas will increase to $49.4 billion in 2016
Framingham, MA – December 11, 2013 – IDC Energy Insights today hosted a web conference titled, "IDC Energy Insights 2014 Predictions: Worldwide Oil & Gas," highlighting market predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Robert Parker, Jill Feblowitz, Roberta Bigliani and Arthur Melet, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes on the horizon. The Predictions web conference series is designed to help company leaders capitalize on emerging market opportunities and plan for future growth. A replay of today's web conference will be available within 12 hours. To access the replay and receive a complimentary copy of the presentation, please visit: http://bit.ly/IDCEI_WWOilandGas_Predictions2014.
- ClicktoTweet, “IDC Energy Insights Releases Top 10 Oil & Gas Predictions for 2014”
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 - With the change in the global energy supply chain, oil and gas companies will put more focus on resiliency
- Prediction 2 - IT security will remain the CIO's top concern, with a growing focus on process control security
- Prediction 3 - CIOs will concentrate on innovation, analytics and sourcing to keep the attention of business
- Prediction 4 - Drilling risk mitigation and production optimization will drive further adoption of Big Data and analytics, new models for machine-to-machine connectivity and field mobility
- Prediction 5 - Safety and accountability will shape the relationship between owners and service companies
- Prediction 6 - The concept of smart pipeline will start to gain significant momentum in most regional markets
- Prediction 7 - Operational design moves to 3D
- Prediction 8 - Asset integrity will take the spotlight in asset life-cycle management
- Prediction 9 - Cloud will see an uptick in adoption, mainly for quick deployment and flexibility
- Prediction 10 - IT spending in oil and gas will increase from $37.6 billion USD in 2011 to $49.4 billion in 2016
"Dramatic changes in supply and demand have altered the oil and gas industry and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. To meet these challenges, oil and gas companies need to strive for operational resiliency, deliver productivity, enhance product, process and people reliability and facilitate superior resource performance" according to Jill Feblowitz, Vice President, IDC Energy Insights. "Following upon digital oilfield and integrated operations initiatives, we see the industry stepping up investment in new information and communications technology to support these objectives."
For additional information about these predictions or to arrange a one-on-one briefing, please contact Sarah Murray at 781-378-2674 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Reports are available to qualified members of the media. For information on purchasing reports, contact email@example.com; reporters should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC’s offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, in the coming year, During the next 60 days, IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2014. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2014 for a complete listing.
About IDC Energy Insights
IDC Energy Insights assists energy businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the utility and oil and gas industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-ei.com, email email@example.com, or call 508-935-4400. Visit the IDC Energy Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/energy.
# # #
Analytic applications, Big Data analytics and discovery, Cloud services, Enterprise asset management, Global IT and economic markets, Mobility, Security management, Supply chain management applications, Wireless and mobile infrastructure
ContactFor more information, contact: