New IDC MarketScape Provides a Vendor Assessment of the Worldwide Business Consulting Services Market for 2014
19 Feb 2014
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. February 19, 2014 – International Data Corporation (IDC) has published a new vendor assessment profiling providers in the worldwide business consulting services market. This IDC MarketScape report found that Accenture, Deloitte, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) are all Leaders in the global business consulting services market.
The vendors included in this IDC MarketScape analysis are Accenture, Boston Consulting Group, Booz & Company, CSC, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, and PricewaterhouseCoopers. In addition to the vendors identified as Leaders, CSC and Ernst & Young were named as Major Players.
Additional key findings from the study include:
- The consulting providers are generally considered quite capable when asked to meet the project time line and provide functional or technical insights. They are also considered very capable when asked to help clients reduced costs, identify options for growth, or generally improve operational efficiency.
- Generally enterprises are disappointed with the consulting provider's ability to deliver on value-creating innovation and to provide industry insights. While nearly all vendors explicitly describe their position on maximizing the value of their projects and their industry focus, buyers believe these two areas are the weakest performance areas for consultants overall.
- While most consulting providers describe themselves as capable of helping their clients expand into new markets/geographies, enterprise buyers of consulting services rate consulting firms as weak in this regard compared with their ability to reduce costs or improve operational efficiency.
The IDC report, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services Vendor Assessment 2014 (IDC #246615), assesses the capability and business strategy of many of the leading business consulting firms. This evaluation is based on a comprehensive framework and set of parameters expected to be most conducive to success in providing business consulting services during the short and long-term. A significant component of this evaluation is the inclusion of the perception of business consulting buyers of both the key characteristics and the capabilities of these consulting providers.
- In the Americas, Accenture, Deloitte, EY, IBM, McKinsey, PwC were named market leaders
- In Asia/Pacific, Accenture, Deloitte, EY, IBM, PwC were named market leaders
- In EMEA Accenture, Deloitte, IBM, KPMG, PwC were named market leaders
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
For more information about IDC MarketScapes, please contact Karen Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,000 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. In 2014, IDC celebrates its 50th anniversary of providing strategic insights to help clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. You can learn more about IDC by visiting www.idc.com.
ContactFor more information, contact: