IDC Canada Evaluates Canadian Hybrid Cloud Service Providers in New IDC MarketScape
23 Nov 2015
TORONTO, November 23, 2015 - International Data Corporation (IDC) Canada announced today the availability of a new IDC MarketScape report profiling the leading vendors in the Canadian hybrid cloud market. IDC MarketScape: Canadian Hybrid Cloud Services 2015 Vendor Assessment (IDC #CA10SSC15) is the fourth IDC MarketScape in a series covering the infrastructure-based cloud computing market in Canada. It was driven by market demand to understand vendor capabilities as buyers look to expand their use of cloud computing and integrate cloud and onsite technologies.
Hybrid cloud services are a continuum of offerings, from relatively simple to complex, multi-cloud environments and from managed to self-managed cloud, with a variety of automation and orchestration choices. The report assesses thirteen of the largest Canadian hybrid cloud service providers, and offers valuable guidance when examining potential solutions providers and planning future strategic investment opportunities.
Through in-depth interviews with these providers and feedback from each provider's customers, IDC Canada reports that:
- TELUS, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services and IBM earned the distinction of placing in the Leaders category.
- Nine vendors were positioned within the Major Players category. They include: CGI, Cogeco Peer 1, Cisco, Fujitsu, Sungard, LongView, OnX, CenturyLink, and TeraGo.
- There is a range in definitions and maturity of buyers and vendors in the hybrid cloud space. By their sheer size, hyperscale providers are pervasive. These cloud-centric vendors are also driving the evolution of technologies and tools, the channel, and cloud ecosystem.
- The hyperscale offerings are innovative and feature rich. They were predominately designed for companies to run their own cloud environment. Not all companies want to manage IT going forward. IDC sees a tremendous market opportunity for managed hybrid services.
"The market for cloud services is quickly shifting from isolated infrastructure-based solutions for developing applications and content delivery, to platforms that integrate onsite, public, and private infrastructure as a service (IaaS)," said Mark Schrutt, Research Vice President, Services and Enterprise Applications at IDC Canada. "As the market is transitioning, buyers are embarking on a maturity curve. Vendors can also be placed on a similar continuum, from simple integration of their own solutions to enabling full interoperability and tools to manage these complex environments."
Previous reports on this marketplace include:
- IDC MarketScape : Canadian Public IaaS 2015 Vendor Assessment (CA1SSC15)
- IDC MarketScape: Canadian Public IaaS 2013 Vendor Analysis (CA3SSC13)
- IDC MarketScape : Canadian Dedicated Private Infrastructure as a Service 2014 Vendor Assessment (CA1SSC14)
For more information about this report or to arrange an interview with Mark Schrutt, please contact Andrea Loziuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScapes provide a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com or www.IDC.ca. Follow us on Twitter at @idccanada and LinkedIn .
CenturyLink, Inc., TELUS Corporation, OnX Enterprise Solutions Ltd., Long View Systems Corporation, TeraGo Networks Inc, SunGard Availability Services, IBM, Amazon.com, Inc., Cogeco Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Microsoft Corporation, CGI Group Inc.
ContactFor more information, contact: