Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Market Showed Mixed Results in the Third Quarter, According to IDC
08 Dec 2015
Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Market Revenue Increased 0.8% Quarter Over Quarter but Declined -3.3% Year Over Year in Third Quarter of 2015
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., December 8, 2015 – The International Data Corporation (IDC ) Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment QView showed mixed results in the third quarter of 2015 (3Q15) with overall videoconferencing equipment revenue increasing 0.8% quarter over quarter but declining -3.3% year over year. Total worldwide enterprise video equipment market revenue in 3Q15 was over $511 million, up from $507 million in 2Q15. The total number of videoconferencing units sold in 3Q15 decreased both quarter over quarter (-4.4%) and year over year (-0.7).
From a market segment perspective:
• Multi-codec telepresence equipment revenue ($33 million) was up 4.2% quarter over quarter, but declined -2.3% year over year.
• Room-based videoconferencing system revenue ($348 million) increased 2.5% quarter over quarter and 0.3% year over year.
• Personal videoconferencing systems revenue ($42 million), including executive desktop systems, decreased -29.9% quarter over quarter, but increased 21.9% year over year.
• Video infrastructure equipment revenue ($88 million), including MCUs and other video-related infrastructure, increased 16.2% quarter over quarter, but was down -22.3% year over year, continuing a declining annual trend.
Regional results in 3Q15 were as follows:
• The Americas (U.S., Canada and Latin America) revenue ($202 million) increased 1.4% quarter over quarter, but declined -6.5% year over year.
• Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) revenue ($141 million) decreased both -9.2% quarter over quarter and -5.3% year over year.
• Asia/Pacific revenue ($168 million) increased both 10.1% quarter over quarter and 2.8% year over year.
"Overall, worldwide enterprise videoconferencing equipment revenue was mostly flat in 3Q 2015, with some low single-digit growth in room-based and telepresence systems quarter-over-quarter," said Rich Costello , Senior Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infra structureat IDC. "The Asia/Pacific region enjoyed stronger video equipment revenue growth on both a quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year basis in the quarter."
• Cisco's 3Q15 video results showed a 1.5% quarter-over-quarter revenue increase and a 7.1% year-over-year increase. Cisco remained the leader in worldwide enterprise videoconferencing equipment with a 45.9% share of the worldwide market, up from 45.6% in 2Q 2015.
• Polycom's video revenue decreased -7.0% quarter over quarter and -18.1% year over year in 3Q15. Polycom ranked second in worldwide enterprise videoconferencing equipment with a 22.8% share of the worldwide market, down from 24.7% in 2Q15.
• Huawei's 3Q15 revenue increased 24.1% quarter over quarter and 10.1% year over year in 3Q15. Huawei ranked third with a 12.3% share of the worldwide enterprise videoconferencing market, up from 10.0% in 2Q 2015.
"We continue to see the effect of lower-cost video systems and products, new software- and cloud-based video offerings, and Web browser usage for real-time video collaboration combining to fundamentally impact how videoconferencing solutions are bought and deployed by organizations today," said Petr Jirovsky , Research Manager, Worldwide Networking Trackers.
The IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence QView provides total market size and vendor share data in an easy-to-use Excel pivot table format. The overall market is further segmented by product type [Immersive Telepresence, Telepresence (Room-based), Personal Videoconferencing, Video MCU and Other]; form factor (Endpoint, Infrastructure); and screen definition (High Definition, Standard Definition). Measurement for the enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence market is provided in factory revenue and unit shipments.
For more information about IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Qview, please contact Kathy Nagamine (email@example.com ).
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a subsidiary of IDG , the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com . Follow IDC on Twitter at @IDC .
ContactFor more information, contact: