IDC Canada Evaluates Custom Mobile Applications & Services for the Enterprise in New IDC MarketScape
30 Aug 2016
TORONTO, August 30, 2016 – International Data Corporation (IDC) Canada announced today the release of a new report assessing custom mobile applications & services vendors serving Canadian businesses. IDC MarketScape: Canadian Custom Mobile Applications, Business and IT Consulting, and Systems Integration 2016 Vendor Assessment, measures the capabilities among IT vendors that provide mobility-related custom application development, business and IT consulting, and systems integration services and describes their qualifications to meet unique Canadian marketplace needs. As buyers increasingly deploy mobile enterprise solutions as part of a short- and long-term approach to digital transformation, market demand to comprehend vendor capabilities drove the development of this report.
Vendors are addressing increased buyer demand to use enterprise mobility-related applications and services to improve operational performance, workforce productivity, and digital engagement.
Key findings from the report include:
- TCS, IBM, EY, and Capgemini earned the distinction of placing in the Leaders category.
- Plastic Mobile and L&T Infotech distinguished themselves by placing in the Major Players category.
- The market for mobility-related services and solutions is more competitive than ever, and vendor capabilities are world class, offering the potential to do more than Canadian organizations can take advantage of, in part because of a lack of clarity around business benefits that can be realized from mobility-led digital transformation (DX).
- Custom mobile application development, mobility-related business and IT consulting, and systems integration provide a potent opening for large-scale DX since they can help extend enterprise mobility to augmented and virtual reality (VR), cognitive systems, Internet of Things (IoT), robotics, and more.
- Innovation labs, hubs, or collaborative spaces are becoming go-to venues for vendors and customers to envision, design, prototype, and initiate industrialized development of complex custom mobile enterprise solutions.
- Industry-shaping strategic alliances, such as Apple's global alliances with Cisco, IBM and SAP will accelerate custom mobile enterprise application deployment, improve user experience (UX), and support systems integration efforts in Canada.
- IDC believes that enterprises will either become adept at digital transformation and thrive or fail to master the required disciplines and struggle to survive.
"Canadian organizations should ensure internal development teams are adequately trained on the methods, tools, frameworks, and platforms that vendors are using to support solution delivery – from design thinking to rapid mobile application development methods and platforms," said Sanjay Khanna, Sr. Analyst, Enterprise Mobility. "This will ensure that organizations are not left behind technically or creatively by their vendors and are therefore able to hold more sway over solution development and deployment."
When implemented well, mobile enterprise solutions can solidify customer, employee, partner, and supplier relationships and thereby bolster confidence in digital transformation investments.
This report is published into the Canadian Mobile Applications and Business Services program at IDC. For more information on this service, please click here.
The most important action that organizational leaders need to take is to create a vision that permeates every facet of the organization, where the customer experience – and the connected processes that shape that experience – are digitally enabled. The path to being a digital transformation leader requires the management of a continuous transition. Strategy comes first; however, enabling technologies such as cloud, mobile, social and analytics are fundamental to making the transformation.
For more information on this report, or to arrange a one on one interview with the author Sanjay Khanna, please contact Andrea Loziuk at email@example.com.
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScapes provide a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries. IDC's analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world's leading media, data and marketing services company. To learn more about IDC, please visit www.idc.com or www.idc.ca. Follow IDC Canada on Twitter at @ idccanada and on Linkedin.
ContactFor more information, contact: