In a demand-side survey conducted in the latter half of 2011, IDC asked buyers and potential buyers of outsourced customer care about their preferences on purchasing customer care services as well as their perspective on many of the relevant topics in the rapidly changing world of customer care. The survey results show some compelling data on the future of customer care outsourcing including a shift in interaction types, the use of social media for customer care, and increased adoption of newer delivery models, including home-based agents and shared contact center technology hosting.
This IDC Web conference will discuss highlights from the survey, including:
- Current adoption rates of third-party customer care
- Shift in interaction types (voice, chat, social)
- Outlook on social media for customer care
- Perspectives on home-based agent model
- Delivery preferences for hosted contact center services