IT Executive Suite
Why IDC for Big Data and Analytics
Our fact-based global research team of 7 full time analysts and over 100 contributing analysts worldwide covering analytics and data management software, industry applications, server and storage infrastructure, high performance computing, and professional services help you with the following big data and analytics decisions:
- Will big data and analytics technology replace our current investment?
- What are use cases for technologies such as Hadoop and MapReduce?
- How should our data retention strategy change in the face of big data and analytics?
- How should our data warehousing architecture change?
- What new skills do we need to leverage big data and analytics for competitive advantage?
IDC ResearchBig Data and Analytics
Understand the Future
- IDC Big Data Predictions 2014: Beyond Irrational Exuberance – Opportunities in the Big Data and Analytics Markets
- Worldwide CIO Agenda 2013 Top 10 Predictions
- CEE and MEA Transforming Utility Markets 2013 Top 10 Predictions
- EMEA Banking 2013 Top 10 Predictions: Laying the Foundations for a Next–Generation Banking Platform in the New Macroprudential Era
- Worldwide Financial Services 2013 Top 10 Predictions: Leveraging Technology Disruptors Is Path for Success
- Asia/Pacific Banking 2013 Top 10 Predictions: Financial Services Make a Pivot to Asia
- Worldwide Retail Industry 2013 Top 10 Predictions
- U.S. Health Industry Provider 2013 Top 10 Predictions: Providers Move into New Business Models While Meaningful Use Adoption Continues
- U.S. Healthcare Payer IT 2013 Top 10 Predictions: Embracing Innovation
- Western Europe Healthcare 2013 Top 10 Predictions
- Operations Technology 2013 Top 10 Predictions
- EMEA Manufacturing 2013 Top 10 Predictions
- IDC Predictions 2013: Big Data – Battle for Dominance in the Intelligent Economy
Featured AnalystDan Vesset
Program Vice President, Business Analytics
The challenges of data management and analytics in today's economy are likely to overwhelm organizations not conversant with Big Data technologies. IDC's research of the uses and market for Big Data technology has demonstrated that each use case requires different combinations of software, hardware, and services to be most effective. The widespread adoption of Big Data technologies outside of high-performance computing has only begun, but emerging trends suggest the development of a fast-growing market that is expected to accelerate rapidly.