Social Pervades Business
and Consumer User Cases
IDC research shows that the market for social technologies will top $85 billion by 2019 and that customer experience (CX) will become increasingly important. Beyond the social technology, competitive differentiation is changing the nature of experiences across customers, partners, and suppliers.
IDC is focused on the intersection and cooperation of these experiences. Our research ties together analysis of the customers, the workforce, business networks, commerce, asset centric networks and back office to understand the broader impact of business modernization.
Core Worldwide Products and Services
- Communities and Collaboration
- Content and Digital Media Technologies
- Customer Experience: Customer Service and Contact Center Solutions
- Customer Experience: Sales and Marketing Technology
- Enterprise Applications and Digital Commerce
- HR, Talent and Learning Stategies and Services
- Security Products
- Security Services
- Unified Communications & Collaboration
By 2020, 30% of all purchases will be made through an online community
By 2017, 40% of companies will be actively "listening" to their employees on social to gauge engagement and improve customer satisfaction