In the next 12-18 months, IDC expects a variety of evolutionary and revolutionary changes to take place in the small and medium-sized business (SMB) technology market that will drive opportunities on both a worldwide and regional basis. Based on this, and with in-depth knowledge of key technology areas where SMB offerings are dominant, IDC has expanded its research and consulting capabilities around understanding the SMB opportunity.
IDC’s coverage of the SMB market provides:
- Increased visibility into SMB end user buying behavior
- A holistic understanding of the SMB competitive landscape
- Analysis of new approaches to meeting SMB needs in products and implementation
- A view of the SMB market's future with continuous intelligence about shifts in momentum and the underlying reasons behind it
- Actionable advice for taking advantage of existing and emerging SMB opportunities
Key questions answered by IDC’s SMB research include:
- What are the current levels and future plans for technology adoption among SMBs?
- Where are the best partnering opportunities and how can vendors take advantage of them?
- What value propositions and messaging most resonate with SMB customers?
- How are different technology vendors approaching the SMB market, and what are the strengths and weaknesses associated with alternative strategies?