IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides the reliable worldwide data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market and outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, servers, and storage. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, product advancements, distribution channel activity, and market directions and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise communications infrastructure.
- Ethernet switches: Speed (100Mb, GbE, 10GbE+) and layers (2, 3, and 4–7)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; and the impact of emerging trends such as enterprise mobility, location services, and IoT
- Network management tools and market dynamics
- Impact of cloud delivery models and applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN and OpenFlow
- Convergence trends: Voice, IP telephony, unified wired and wireless, session border controllers (SBCs), browsers, and WebRTC
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- The emerging SD-WAN market and convergence of branch networks
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Equipment Forecast and Analysis
- IDC Enterprise Networking Predictions
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Router Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing Equipment Vendor Analysis
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise WLAN Vendor Analysis
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey: Videoconferencing
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, voice/data convergence, video, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of classic IT architectures in building network equipment change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
ADTRAN, Inc., Aerohive Networks, Inc., Alcatel-Lucent, Allied Telesis, Inc., Arista, LLC, Asante, Inc., Avaya Inc., BELAIR NETWORKS INC., BlackBerry, BlueCat Networks, Inc., Broadcom Limited, Brocade Communications Systems, CA Technologies, Inc., CISTERA NETWORKS, INC., CLOUDGENIX INC., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Firetide, Inc., Fortinet, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Interactive Intelligence Group, Inc., Intermec, Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, LSI Corporation, Logitech international S.A., MICROSEMI CORPORATION, Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel Networks Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NETGEAR, Inc., NetScout Systems, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Polycom, Inc., Samsung, ShoreTel, Inc., SolarWinds, Inc., TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, Vidyo, Inc., Xirrus, Inc., Zebra Technologies Corporation, ZyXEL Communications Inc.
Sr. Research Analyst, Network Infrastructure