Enterprise Communications Infrastructure provides the reliable worldwide data and forecasts needed to make business decisions in this evolving market and outlines how trends in enterprise networks influence communications, mobility, servers, and storage. It also analyzes user requirements, technology trends, vendor strategies, product advancements, distribution channel activity, and market directions and provides the industry's most comprehensive worldwide coverage of enterprise communications infrastructure.
- Ethernet switches: Speed (100Mb, GbE, 10GbE+) and Layers (2, 3, and 4–7)
- Routers: Small office/home office (SOHO), branch, core, and multifunction WAN gateways
- Wireless LANs: Access devices; access points (dependent and independent); controllers, switches, and appliances; impact of emerging trends such as BYOD
- Network management tools and market dynamics
- Impact of cloud delivery models and applications on the enterprise network, including the drive toward SDN and OpenFlow
- Convergence trends: IP telephony, unified communications and collaboration, security, unified wired and wireless, session border controllers (SBCs)
- Market-leading enterprise networking equipment suppliers and promising start-ups
- Videoconferencing and telepresence, video content, and delivery infrastructure
- Worldwide Wireless LAN Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide IP PBX and IP Phone Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Videoconferencing and Telepresence Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Ethernet Switch Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Router Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which networking equipment markets and sectors are growing the fastest? Which will have the greatest future growth, and why?
- What is the impact of technologies such as wireless LANs, voice/data convergence, video, and software as a service on purchases?
- How will the introduction of classic IT architectures in building network equipment change this market?
- How do merger, acquisition, and partnership actions affect the competitive landscape?
- How well are established and start-up suppliers positioned to increase market share?
IDC's Enterprise Communications Infrastructure service examines how major and emerging suppliers in the enterprise networking equipment market are positioning themselves to compete. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the enterprise network market, including:
Aastra, ADTRAN, Aerohive, AirTight, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Allied Telesyn, Ancor, Aruba, Asante, Atheros, Avaya/Radvision, Avistar, Bandspeed, BelAir, Belkin, Bluesocket, Breezecom, Broadcom, Brocade, Cisco Systems, Cistera Networks, Citrix, CNet Technology, Computer Associates, Dell, Digicom, Digium, D-Link, EMC, Emulex, Enterasys, Ericsson, Extreme Networks, Firetide, Fortress, Foundry Networks, Fujitsu, GenBand, Hitachi, HP Networking, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Interactive Intelligence, Intermec, Intoto, IPcelerate, Juniper, LifeSize, LiteScape, LSI, Marvell, Melco, Meraki, Meru, Microsemi, Microsoft, Mitel, Mitsubishi Electric, Motorola, NEC, Netergy, NETGEAR, Netopia, Network Peripherals, Nokia, OnRelay, Oracle/Acme Packet, Polycom, PowerDsine, Proxim, Pulse, Radware, Reva Systems, RIM, Ruckus, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens Enterprise, SMC, Strix Systems, Teliris, ThingMagic, Thomas, Toshiba America, Tropos, VBrick, VeriWave, Vidyo, Xirrus, and ZyXEL.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.