IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Asia/Pacific Semiannual Information Management and Analytics Tracker
The future for Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan)'s business analytics software market adoption is bright; the fundamentals are strong, and there are many drivers for medium- to long-term growth.This includes better market awareness on the business value of business analytics adoption, Big Data, compliance-driven requirements, and the need for more rapid, yet accurate decisions in an era of massively and rapidly growing data volumes. For vendors that are keen to excel in the business intelligence (BI) and database management software markets, the Asia/Pacific Semiannual Information Management and Analytics Tracker® provides critical market intelligence and is a powerful tool for competitive insights and market planning.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in software revenue, which IDC defines as software license, maintenance, and other software revenue such as subscription revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies
- Advanced analytics software
- End-user query, reporting, and analysis
- Relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Data integration and access software
- Database development and management tools
- Nonrelational database management systems
- Note: Advanced analytics software and end-user query, reporting, and analysis are collectively known as business intelligence tools.
- Channels: Direct, SI, VAR/VAD, and others
- Company size by employee size: Large (>500), medium large (250–499), medium sized (100–249), and small business (10–99)
- Vertical markets: Banking, insurance, financial markets, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, communications and media, retail/wholesale, travel and transportation, government, education, and others
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, and Thailand
Competitive Intelligence and Forecast Coverage
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include at least three semiannual periods of historical data, two semiannual periods of forecast, and an additional five years of forecasts. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the type of data and questions addressed by this tracker include:
- Vendor market shares by country and industries
- Top vendors competitive insights by country
- Market trends analysis by country and industries
- Five-year forecast by country with one year's worth of semiannual forecasts
- Who is the advanced analytics software market leader in China's manufacturing industry?
- What is India's next six months forecast for the BI software market?
- Who had the strongest growth in Australia's government sector within the RDBMS market?
- What are the top financial services sector trends driving analytics adoption in Malaysia?
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis with tools such as pivot tables and graphs. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows: