IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Asia/Pacific Semiannual Software Tracker
IDC expects the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (APEJ) packaged software market to continue to grow in 2014, building to a value of US$34 billion. Software investments continued to experience slow growth in 2013 amid challenging global and regional economic conditions but are expected to continue to grow but on a steady pace as a majority of the companies in the region are seeking to invest in software, in order to leverage technology and evolve their technology platforms to adapt to new business goals and requirements in a cost-effective manner. IDC's Asia/Pacific Semiannual Software Tracker® offers an in-depth look into the market, the competitive landscape, and the growth potential in the region, thus providing useful information for market players to understand and plan their resources effectively. The extensive coverage of vendor share information also enables both global and local players to benchmark themselves in terms of business growth and market penetration.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in vendor revenue share.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Application development and development software
- System infrastructure software
- Consisting of 18 secondary markets and 81 functional markets
- Vendor revenue shares
- Market forecast
- Company size, channels, vertical markets, operating systems, qualitative intelligence such as trends and top vendor competitive analyses (these are available for select secondary software markets and countries)
- Select custom data cuts and segmentations are also available
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan): Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, PRC, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, and the rest of APEJ
Forecasts in this tracker are updated semiannually and include two years of historical data and five years of annual market projections. Regional and country-level forecasts are available. Select custom data segmentations of the forecast are also available.
The intelligence available through this program can address the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are your competitors performing in the market?
- What are the spending trends across the region?
- Which industries are spending the most and on what applications?
- Where is growth expected across the region? And as a result, how should resources and strategies be deployed?
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis with tools such as pivot tables. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.