IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Japan Quarterly Mobile Device Tracker
IDC's Japan Quarterly Mobile Device Tracker® covers the portable Internet access device market including products like portable PCs and media tablets as well as smartphone devices. Moreover, mobile devices represent a crucial platform for Web browsing, mail, and new media in general; this tracker helps give reasoning to this trend by monitoring the market quarterly. It provides broad and deep coverage in the mobile device market, enabling companies to understand emerging factors and business models and deep insights.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments and factory revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Smartphone by model: iPhone, Xpreia, HTC, etc.
- Media tablet by model: iPad, etc.
- Data card by model, by air interface, and by operator
- Portable PC by vendor by form factor
- Mobile router (pocket WiFi, etc.)
- Channel: Retail, direct, telecom, other
- Consumer/commercial market
- Unit shipment by operator and by vendor
- Air interface (HSDPA, LTE, etc.) by operator and by vendor
- OS: Windows Mobile, iOS, BlackBerry, and Android by operator and by vendor
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include two years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional five years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- Unit shipment by type: Smartphone, media tablet, mobile data card, note PC, mobile router, etc.
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Historical data: Week 10 after period closes
- Forecast data: Week 10 after period closes