IDC Tracker® + Data Products
United States Quarterly PC Tracker
IDC's United States Quarterly PC Tracker® satisfies the growing demand for detailed, timely, and accurate information on the U.S. PC market. This product provides insightful analysis, quarterly market share data, and rolling eight-quarter and five-year forecasts. The core of this product is a comprehensive electronic database detailing changes and trends in the highly competitive PC market. Quarterly updates provide the latest information on the rapidly changing market for time-critical decision making for PC and peripheral vendors as well as financial institutions.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments and end-user spending.
- Product category: Desktop and portable
- Product: Mobile workstation, desktop workstation, all-in-one, traditional notebook PC, convertibles, notebook PC, ultraslim notebook PC, mini notebook PC, and traditional desktop PC; more than 30 mid- and top-tier vendor and vendor brands; and United States–based white-box systems builders
- Quarterly shipments and end-user spending, with historical information from 1994
- Rolling eight-quarter and five-year forecasts
- Optional content add-ons
- United States
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include up to five years of historical data, up to two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- Product Category: Desktop and portable
- Product: Traditional desktop PC, all-in-one, traditional notebook PC, ultraslim notebook PC, and convertible notebook PC
- Optional forecast add-ons
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Week 2: Preliminary top 5 United States
- Week 3: Preliminary top 10 by form factor
- Week 4: Qualitative analysis
- Week 6: Historical database published
- Week 8: Forecast database published
- U.S. Public Sector Module breaks the education sector into K–12 and higher education and the government sector into federal and state/local. The data is reported for vendors at the form factor, brand, and processor levels.
- U.S. Quarterly PC Segment-by-Channel Module analyzes how PC segments perform within channels and also channel performance within segments. The data is for vendor and brand and is available two weeks after the database is released.