IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker
Mainstream adoption of server virtualization in EMEA continues to gather momentum and steadily transforms customer IT server infrastructure. EMEA IT organizations are rapidly exploiting new and emerging functions. IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker® provides clients with the detailed information necessary to understand this evolving landscape. The core of the service is a comprehensive database detailing market sizing and changes and trends in the server virtualization market, and it serves as a fundamental tool for tracking competitors in this segment. Using our Excel pivot tables, you will be able to instantly analyze server virtualization deployment details in multiple dimensions.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in virtualized server shipments, virtualization licenses, virtualization software revenue, and virtualized server end-user spending. The tracker also provides the server virtualization rate for the EMEA region including subregional and country level data.
Technologies and Subtechnologies
- Virtualized server shipments
- Virtualization software licenses
- Server class: volume, midrange enterprise, high-end enterprise
- Price bands
- 3 regions
- CPU market shares: x86 (AMD, Intel), RISC, EPIC, CISC
- x86 server socket capability: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16-way+
- x86 server form factors: blade, rack-optimized, tower, and density optimized
- Virtualization software vendors and products: VMware Server, ESX, vSphere Hypervisor, Citrix Xen Server, Open Source Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VM, Red Hat KVM, IBM, HP, Parallels
- x86 server and virtualization software shipments and revenue
- Server vendors: Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Hitachi, Huawei, IBM, Lenovo, NEC, Oracle, SGI
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
- Western Europe
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with pivot tables. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data