IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker® provides a unique insight into the forces shaping the handset and smartphone markets in Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, and the Middle East and Africa. The smartphone market is growing rapidly across the region, but while it already takes the lion's share of mobile phone sales in more developed markets, in poorer countries and where mobile operators do not subsidize phone purchases on usage contracts feature phones are still the majority of sales in units sold. This tracker service will quantify for clients the trends impacting the mobile phone market, and provides, on a quarterly basis, vendor shares, technology trends, and a host of technical breakouts that help vendors and industry players define strategies for tracking the future wireless devices market.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor shares for the following technology areas and segments. Measurement for this tracker is in units, average selling price, and market value,
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- By air interface, network, platform, operating system, and form factor
- By display type, camera type, technology (GPS, video and music players, WiFi Java, Bluetooth, etc.), hard drive, memory cards, etc.
- By input mechanism: touchscreen, QWERTY, compressed QWERTY, alphanumeric, etc.
- Feature phones, smartphones
- Price bands
- Market volumes and value
- Vendor shares by country and technologies and subtechnologies
- By user segment (consumer/commercial) and channel
- Central and Eastern Europe (six countries): Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, and the Rest of Central and Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa (nine countries): Egypt, Israel, Kuwait, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and the Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Western Europe (16 countries): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
For many of the countries listed the tracker includes seven years of historical data. Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include seven years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- Quarterly market sizing and forecasts by country by device type, air interface, and operating system
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables, Web-based query, and PowerPoint presentations. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Preliminary top 10: week 6 after the close of each quarter
- Final data: week 9 after the close of each quarter
- Forecast data: week 10 after the close of each quarter
- Qualitative analysis: week 11 after the close of each quarter