IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Wireless LAN Tracker
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Wireless LAN Tracker® greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic IT market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the quarterly adoption curve for new products are business-critical needs for wireless LAN (WLAN) vendors, supply chain partners, and the Wall Street financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific vendor and product line detail across the WLAN market. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Wireless LAN Tracker presents market data in an easy-to-use pivot table that allows clients to track any markets, countries, and product segments as needed. IDC's tracker products provide reliable, accurate, and independent market research as a base to create quantitative market analyses and study historical trends.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size, historical vendor shares, and a forecast for the following wireless LAN technologies. Units of measurement are unit shipments, vendor revenue, and value.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Product class (enterprise class, consumer class)
- Product (controller/router/switch, AP, NIC)
- Product detail (controller/router/switch, dependent AP, independent AP, gateway/router, NIC)
- Standard (802.11a/b/g, 802.11n, 802.11ac)
- Location (indoor, outdoor)
- United States
- Latin America (8 countries)
- Western Europe (16 countries)
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) (14 countries)
- Central/Eastern Europe (11 countries)
- Middle East/Africa (9 countries)
- Countries: 60+
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis in a pivot table format. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Preliminary historical data
- Final historical data
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Wireless LAN Tracker, clients receive trend explanations and detailed insights, one day of onsite training at any location in the United States, and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usage.
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided in research from IDC's Worldwide Enterprise Communications Infrastructure Continuous Intelligence Service (CIS).