IDC Tracker® + Data Products
United States IT Services Vendor and Vertical Views
IDC's United States IT Services Vendor and Vertical Views program assists IT and service suppliers in identifying IT and business services opportunities within industries and company size segments in the United States. This product provides tracking and segmentation of over 50 IT services vendors segmented by industry, helping suppliers better assess competitive positioning and market share. Results from the annual Vertical Group Survey of over 4,000 U.S. businesses are analyzed in detail, enabling firms to assess the spending trends and investment priorities for services.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- 12 IT services foundation markets: IT consulting, systems integration, network consulting and integration, custom application development, IS outsourcing, network and desktop outsourcing, application management, hosted application management, hosting infrastructure management, IT training and education, hardware deploy and support, and software deploy and support
- IT services market share of leading 100 U.S. IT services vendors segmented by 17 verticals
- U.S. services spending and budget trends by industry and company size
- Top U.S. investment priorities and market opportunities
- Buyer requirements in the context of industry processes and business issues
- Customer spending trends and priorities within 17 industries
- Customer spending trends and priorities by seven company sizes (number of employees)
- Industry Outlook 2013
- U.S. IT Services Forecast and Analysis by Industry & Company Size
- U.S. IT Services Forecast and Analysis by Industry & Company Size: Midyear Update
- End-User Survey Analysis by Industry and Company Size
- End-User Vendor Ranking Survey Analysis
- U.S. IT Services Vertical Market Share
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the top services firms in each of 17 vertical industries in the United States? What is their market share by vertical industry?
- For the leading 100 IT services firms in the United States, in which service markets do they compete? What is their market share in each of IDC’s 12 IT services foundation markets?
- Which vertical industries are growing the fastest for each of IDC’s 12 IT services foundation markets?
- How do the current and future market opportunities in the services industry vary by vertical market and company size?
- What can service firms do to enhance their position in each vertical sector?
- What is the impact of industry, business, and economic trends and the progression of the economic cycle on services investments?
United States IT Services Vendor and Vertical Views Coverage
IDC's United States IT Services Vendor and Vertical Views research arms IT services and equipment suppliers with a measurement of industry-based IT services opportunities in the United States, based on over 4,000 end-user surveys. The research provides market sizing, market share, and predictions that serve as a guiding system for optimal IT decisions and strategies.
Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success — resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Unparalleled Coverage of End-User Requirements Across Vertical Industries
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.