IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure QView
IDC's Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure QView greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic telecommunications infrastructure market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the adoption curve for new products are business-critical needs for communications service providers (CSPs) and telecommunications equipment vendors, supply chain partners, and the Wall Street financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific and product line detail across all major telecommunications equipment markets on a quarterly basis. IDC's Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure QView presents market data in an easy-to-use pivot table that allows clients to track any market, region, and product segment as needed. IDC's QView products provide reliable, accurate, and independent market research as a base to create quantitative market analyses and study future trends.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This product provides quarterly market size and quarterly vendor share for the following segments of the service provider communications equipment market. Units of measurement are in vendor revenue.
- Wireless (WiMAX, cellular RAN, cellular core)
- Wireline access (DSLAM, CMTS, FTTx, NB DLC, EAD)
- Video (digital headend, VOD server)
- Transport (LH DWDM, metro WDM, MSPP, OCC, packet optical, SDH SONET)
- Control (media gateway, softswitch, TDM-fixed circ. switch)
- Data (ATM switch, Ethernet switch, router-core, router-edge)
- Europe, Middle East and Africa
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This service is delivered on a quarterly basis via pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this QView is as follows:
- Delivery: July (Q1 data), September (Q2), December (Q3), March (Q4)