IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure Forecaster
IDC's Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure Forecastergreatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic telecommunications infrastructure market. Understanding which global markets and segments are growing and knowing the adoption curve for new products are business-critical needs for communications service providers (CSPs), telecommunications equipment vendors, supply chain partners, and the Wall Street financial community. On a semiannual basis, this product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific and product line detail across all major telecommunications equipment markets. IDC's Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure Forecaster presents market data in an easy-to-use pivot table that allows clients to analyze any market, country, and product segment as needed. IDC's Forecaster products provide reliable, accurate, independent market research as a base to create quantitative market analyses and study future trends.
Twice a year this product provides annual five-year forecasts for total market size for the following segments of the service provider communications equipment market. Units of measurement are in factory revenue:
- Wireless (WiMAX, cellular RAN, cellular core)
- Wireline access (DSLAM, CMTS, FTTx, NB DLC, EAD)
- Customer premises equipment (DSL modem, cable modem)
- Video (digital headend, VOD server)
- Transport (LH DWDM, metro WDM, MSPP, OCC, packet optical, SDH SONET)
- Control (media gateway, softswitch, TDM-fixed circuit switch)
- Data (ATM switch, Ethernet switch, router core, router edge)
- Americas (Canada, United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- EMEA (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, UAE, Rest of Middle East and Africa, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rest of Central and Eastern Europe)
- Asia/Pacific (Japan, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Rest of Asia/Pacific)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the relationship between different telecommunications infrastructure markets?
- Which telecommunications infrastructure markets are forecast to grow the fastest?
- What local dynamics are influencing the telecommunications infrastructure markets across developed and emerging markets?
Worldwide Carrier Infrastructure Forecaster
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports
Data is delivered in Excel with semiannual deliverables (two per year): August (1H) and March (2H).
Respond to Today's Dynamic Market
IDC provides you with the necessary intelligence to optimize, guide and support all aspects of the business planning life cycle from strategy and budget planning, through implementation, to ongoing measurement and assessment of results.
Consulting:Target growth opportunities, develop strategies for emerging markets and technologies, assess and measure custom market segments, drive global partner strategies, and create awareness for your products and services. Custom engagements leverage the unique strengths of IDC global and local market analysts. Tailored offerings such as ExpertROI® use IDC-branded content and tools to help you accelerate the sales cycle and powerfully communicate to your prospects.
Go-to-Market Services:Engage prospects through high-value IDC-branded assets and intelligently architected campaigns. This global marketing and editorial expertise center within IDC provides a flexible service model, enabling us to meet the needs of companies large and small. Deliverables range from a single call-to-action incentive to a series of IDC and/or cobranded programs designed to strengthen multitouch, global media campaigns.
Events:Network with industry colleagues and gain practical and strategic insights from groundbreaking research presented by IDC and industry experts. IDC events bring together technology buyers looking for the latest best practice research and sellers offering insights into how decision makers can use technology to gain competitive advantage and improve business value.