IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Workstation Tracker
IDC's Europe, Middle East and Africa Quarterly Workstation Tracker® is designed to help vendors measure and assess EMEA workstation market trends by country and segment on a quarterly basis. The service tracks all personal workstation vendors, and provides shipment data in units and revenue and market share information each quarter. The service also includes a five- to eight-quarter running forecast for EMEA (35 countries) for unit shipments and revenue. This quarterly sizing of the workstation market provides specialist vendors with a unique opportunity to track and position their personal workstation products, whether desktop, mobile, rack, or blade workstations.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor shares for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in workstation unit shipments and customer revenue.
Technologies and Subtechnologies:
- Workstation type: personal (PWS)
- Form factor: desktop, mobile, blade, rack and all in one
- Processor type: x86
- Processor by vendor
- Processor family
- CPU capacity
- Price band ($0–$3,000, $3,000–$5,000, $5,000–$7,500, $7,500–$10,000, $10,000–$15,000)
- Application (DCC, economic/financial, engineering, other commercial, scientific, software engineering)
- Operating system (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Channels (direct/indirect)
Standard subscription scope:
- Central and Eastern Europe (11 countries): Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine
- Middle East and Africa (8 countries): Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Rest of Africa, Rest of Middle East
- Western Europe (16 countries): Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.K.
Expanded country coverage:
- CEE: Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Serbia
- MEA: Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar
- Africa: Algeria, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Republic of Namibia, Nigeria, United Republic of Tanzania, Tunisia, Republic of Uganda
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections.
- Forecasts are available at regional and country levels.
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Historical data: week 7 after period closes
- Forecast data: week 8 after period closes