IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker
Security appliances have become a popular and simple means for delivering security software. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker® provides the ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's dynamic security appliance market by keeping pace with evolving functionality and the rapid deployment of new models competing in the marketplace. Learning which global markets are growing and understanding the quarterly adoption curve for new products have become business-critical needs for security vendors, supply chain partners, and the investment community. With quarterly data as of 1Q02, this product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific product line and vendor market share information. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Security Appliance Tracker presents market data in an easy-to-use product interface, allowing quick table customization for the automation of business planning activities.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the technology areas and segmentations that follow. Measurement for this tracker is in units, factory revenue, and customer revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Functions: Firewalls/virtual private networks (VPNs), unified threat management (UTM), IDS, IPS, content security (Web and messaging), VPN
- Server class: Volume server, high end, midrange
- Network type: Wired, wireless
- CPU capacity
- Operating system: Linux, Unix, Windows, and others
- Form factor: Blade, rack optimized, non–rack optimized
- Appliance rack size
- Price bands (average selling value)
- Listed price bands
- Vendor product lines
- Vendors broken down by product families and models
- Segment measurement: By factory revenue, customer revenue, and units
- Time frame covered: Quarterly data as of 1Q02
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) available by 9 countries
- United States
- Western Europe available by 16 countries
- Latin America
- Central and Eastern Europe available by 6 countries
- Middle East and Africa available by 6 countries
- The rest of the world (ROW)
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via Excel pivot table. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Quarterly data files are delivered 11 weeks after the end of each calendar quarter.
- Worldwide press release highlighting the following market drivers:
- Functional market
- One day of onsite training at any location in the United States is provided as well as five hours of inquiry time for asking questions about data usages.
- Written analysis, trend explanations, and insights are provided in IDC's Secure Content and Threat Management Products continuous intelligence service (CIS).