IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Latin America Quarterly Enterprise Server Tracker
IDC's Latin America Quarterly Enterprise Server Tracker® provides detailed, highly segmented tracking of the enterprise server market (US$25,000+). It examines how server vendors are positioning themselves to compete in this market. It provides insightful analysis by vendor, product (blade, rack, tower, density optimized), server class (midrange and high-end enterprise servers), price band, operating system, chip type, socket capability, vertical industries, horizontal user segments, and distribution channel. Countries covered are Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela and Rest of Latin America. It also provides rolling eight-quarter and five-year country forecasts that are updated on a quarterly basis.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments and end-user and factory revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Shipment type: Servers are reported as initial server shipment (ISS) or upgrade (UPG)
- Chip types (x86-64, EPIC, RISC, CISC)
- Processor brand (Xeon, Pentium, Opteron, SPARC, Itanium, Power)
- Product (blade, rack optimized, tower, density optimized)
- Vendor families/models: By vendor, major family, and models that subdivide the information (The model list is updated quarterly.)
- Operating system platform breakdowns (Windows, Unix, Linux, i5/OS, z/OS, other OS)
- Price band ($25,000–49,999, $50,000–99,999, $100,000–249,999, $100,000–249,999, $250,000–449,999, $500,000–999,999, $1 million–3 million, and more than $3 million)
- Channels: Direct, distributor, VAR, SI, Internet, telecom, others
- Company size: Enterprise, large business, medium-sized business, small business, small office, government and education,
- Vertical markets: Commerce, education, finance, government, manufacturing, oil/gas/mining, services, telecommunications, utilities, government and education
- Socket capability: 1+, 2+, 4+, 8+, 16+, 32+, and 64+
- Core capability: Dual core, quad core, six core, octa core, etc.
- Variables measured: Vendor shipment, customer value, and vendor revenue
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, and the Rest of Latin America)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include three years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at regional and country levels. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- By units
- By customer value (US$M and local currency)
- By chip type (x86, non-x86)
- By horizontal segment (education, government, large business, medium-sized business, small business, small office)
- By OS (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, z/OS, other OS)
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. graphics and analyst perception. The Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
- Interactive briefing with live telephone or onsite PowerPoint presentation