IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Datacenter Network QView
IDC's Worldwide Datacenter Network QView provides a comprehensive quantitative view of leading datacenter networking technologies. Specifically, this QView provides quarterly datacenter network revenue based on IDC's research into the following markets: Layer 2–3 switches, Layer 4–7 switches (application delivery controllers), Fibre Channel switches, InfiniBand switches, and WAN optimization. The data leverages IDC's datacenter networking qualitative and quantitative expertise to quantify by quarter technology spending in the datacenter. The technology forecasts developed for this QView take into consideration IDC's global expertise on key datacenter infrastructure trends.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
The Worldwide Datacenter Network QView service provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this QView is in factory revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Layer 2–3 switches
- Application delivery controllers (Layer 4–7 switches)
- WAN optimization
- InfiniBand switches
- Fibre Channel switches
- Deployment: Enterprise and service provider
- Ethernet switching by speed: Revenue and ports
- Ethernet switching by form factor: Revenue and ports
- Worldwide with U.S. and rest of world split
This service is delivered on a quarterly basis via idc.com in an Excel pivot table format. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Excel pivot table
- An annual subscription includes current quarter estimates and historical sizing
- An annual subscription includes the datacenter network five-year forecast
- Written analyses, trend explanations, and insights are further provided by IDC’s Worldwide Datacenter Networks Continuous Intelligence Service (CIS).