IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Brazil Quarterly Volume Server Tracker
IDC's Brazil Quarterly Volume Server Tracker® provides detailed, highly segmented tracking of the low-end (<US$25,000) server market and examines how server vendors are positioning themselves to compete in this market. It provides insightful analysis by vendor, form factor (including blades), model, product family, detailed price band, operating system (OS), chip type, socket capability, architecture, processor family, vertical industries, horizontal user segments, and distribution channel. It also provides rolling eight-quarter and five-year country forecasts that are updated on a quarterly basis.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in shipments.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Shipment type: Servers are reported as initial server shipment (ISS) or upgrade (UPG).
- Chip types (x86-64, EPIC, RISC, CISC)
- Processor brand (i.e., Xeon, Pentium, Opteron, SPARC, Itanium, POWER)
- Form factor (blade, rack optimized, tower, density optimized)
- Vendor families/models: For each vendor, major family and models subdivide the information. The model list is updated quarterly.
- Operating system platform breakdowns (Windows, Unix, Linux, i5/OS, z/OS, and other OS)
- Channels: Direct, distributor, VAR, SIs, Internet, telecom, and others
- Company size: Enterprise, large business, medium-sized business, small business, government, education, and small office
- Vertical markets: Commerce, education, finance, government, manufacturing, oil/gas/mining, services, telecommunications, and utilities
- Price band: $0–2,999, $3,000–5,999, $6,000–9,999, and $10,000–24,999
- Socket capability: 1+, 2+, 4+, 8+, 16+, 32+, and 64+
- Core capability: Dual core, quadcore, six core, octacore, and so forth
- Segments measured: Vendor shipment, customer revenue, and factory revenue market share
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include three years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- By units
- By customer value (US$ and local currency)
- By chip type (x86, non-x86)
- By horizontal segment (education, government, large business, medium-sized business, small business, and small office)
- By OS (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, z/OS, and other OS)
- List segmentations
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Historical data: Week 8 after period closes
- Forecast data: Week 9 after period closes
- Interactive briefing with live by telephone or onsite PowerPoint presentation