IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Worldwide Quarterly Server Forecast
IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Server Forecast service greatly enhances clients' ability to quickly and effectively respond to today's server market. Clients are provided with a foundation of market and technology assumptions to understand the factors that drive marketplace expectations. Understanding how global markets and segments are changing and assessing the quarterly adoption curve for new products are business-critical requirements, not only for server vendors but also for supply chain partners and the Wall Street financial community. This product provides insight into customer trends by delivering geography-specific detail across all server segments and presents market data in an easy-to-use, interactive format that allows any submarket to be viewed in a customizable layout. IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Server Forecast service provides reliable, independent market research data as a foundation for quantitative market and trend analyses.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This forecast provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this forecast is in units and end-user revenue.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Operating systems: Linux, Unix, Windows, z/OS, i5/OS, and others
- CPU types: RISC, CISC, x86, and EPIC
- Form factor: Blade, density optimized, tower, and rack optimized
- Server class: Volume, midrange enterprise, and high-end enterprise
- Socket capability (the maximum number of cores for a given model)
- Shipment type: ISS and upgrade
- Time frame covered: Five-year forecast, with up to two years of quarterly data and three years of annual forecast
- Price band
- Segment measurement: By end-user revenue and units
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan) available by 14 countries
- Central/Eastern Europe available by 14 countries
- Latin America available by 8 countries
- Middle East/Africa available by 18 countries
- United States
- Western Europe available by 16 countries
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This forecast is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as Excel pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this forecast is as follows:
- Quarterly data files are delivered 11 weeks after the end of each calendar-year quarter.
- With the purchase of IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Server Forecast service, clients receive trend explanations and detailed insights, one day of onsite training at any location in the United States, and inquiry time for supporting questions regarding data usages.
- Written analysis, trend explanations, and insights are further provided from IDC's Enterprise Servers: Technology Markets and Enterprise Servers: Customer Trends continuous intelligence services (CISs).