IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Mexico Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker
The adoption and uptake of virtualization software has the potential to significantly disrupt the server hardware business — changing customer buying preferences, hardware needs, and key partners. IDC's Mexico Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker® presents a market model for this dynamic. This product presents server virtualization market data in an easy-to-use, interactive format as a foundation for quantitative market analyses and studying historical trends. IDC's Mexico Quarterly Server Virtualization Tracker consists of independent, unbiased data that will be updated on a quarterly basis. This tracker can save hundreds of person-hours among the market intelligence staff potentially dedicated to data collection, by providing one source of reliable and accurate information.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- CPU market shares: x86 (AMD, Intel), RISC, EPIC, CISC
- x86 server socket capability: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16+
- x86 server form factors: Blade, rack, non–rack optimized
- Primary operating systems: Windows, Linux, Unix, z/OS, and others
- Virtualization platform: APV, containers, Hyper-V, KVM, nPar, Virtual Iron Enterprise, vSphere, Oracle VM, XenServer, and so forth
- Virtualization vendors: VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, and others
- Server vendors: Dell, HP, IBM, Sun, and others
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via Excel pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Historical data: Week 13 after period closes