IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Mexico Quarterly Volume Server Tracker
IDC's Mexico Quarterly Volume Server Tracker® provides detailed, highly segmented tracking of the low-end (<US$25,000) server market and examines how server vendors are positioning themselves to compete in this market. It provides insightful analysis by vendor, product (blade, rack, tower, density optimized), model, product family, price band, operating system, chip type, socket capability, architecture, processor family, vertical industries, horizontal user segments, and distribution channel. It also provides rolling eight-quarter and five-year forecasts that are updated on a quarterly basis.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments, customer value, and vendor revenue.
- Chip types (x86-64, EPIC, RISC, CISC)
- Processor brand (i.e., Xeon, Opteron, SPARC, Itanium, POWER)
- Product (blade, rack optimized, tower, density optimized)
- Vendor families/models: For each vendor, major family and models subdivide the information. The model list is updated quarterly.
- Operating system platform breakdowns (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, z/OS, other OS)
- Shipment type: Servers are reported as initial server shipment (ISS) or upgrade (UPG)
Optional Content Add-Ons
- Channels: Direct, distributor, VAR, SI, telecom, and others
- Company size: Enterprise, large business, medium-sized business, small business, small office, government, and education
- Vertical markets: Commerce, education, finance, government, manufacturing, oil/gas/mining, services, telecommunications, utilities, government, and education
- Price band: $0–2,999, $3,000–5,999, $6,000–9,999, and $10,000–24,999
- Socket capability: 1+, 2+, 4+, 8+, 16+, 32+, and 64+
- Core capability: Dual, quad, six, octa, etc.
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include three years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the forecasts included in this tracker are as follows:
Core Forecast Coverage
- By units
- By customer value (US dollars and local currency)
- By chip type (x86, non-x86)
- By horizontal (education, government, large business, medium-sized business, small business, and small office)
- By OS (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, z/OS, and other OS)
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
- Forecast data
- Interactive briefing with live telephone or onsite PowerPoint presentation