IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Mexico Quarterly Volume Server Tracker
IDC's Mexico Quarterly Volume Server Tracker® provides detailed, highly segmented tracking of the low-end (<US$25,000) server market and examines how server vendors are positioning themselves to compete in this market. It provides insightful analysis by form factor (including blades), model, product family, price band, operating system (OS), chip type, architecture, NEBS certification, processor family, vertical and horizontal user segments, and distribution channel. It also provides rolling eight-quarter and five-year forecasts that are updated on a quarterly basis.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations.
Technologies and subtechnologies:
- Shipment type: Servers are reported as initial server shipment (ISS) or upgrade (UPG).
- Chip types (x86-64, EPIC, RISC, CISC)
- Processor brand (i.e., Xeon, Pentium, Opteron, SPARC, Itanium, POWER)
- Form factor (blade, rack optimized, tower)
- Vendor families/models: For each vendor, major family and models subdivide the information. The model list is updated quarterly.
- Operating system platform breakdowns (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, z/OS, other OS)
- Channels: Direct, distributor, VAR, SIs, Internet, telecom, and others
- Company size: Enterprise, large business, medium-sized business, small business, government, education, and small office
- Vertical markets: Commerce, education, finance, government, manufacturing, oil/gas/mining, services, telecommunications, and utilities
- Price band: $0–2,999, $3,000–5,999, $6,000–9,999, and $10,000–24,999
- Form factor: Rack optimized, non–rack optimized, and blade
- Socket capability: 1+, 2+, 4+, 8+, 16+, 32+, and 64+
- Core capability: Dual, quad, six, octa, and so forth
- Segment measurement: Vendor shipment, customer revenue, and factory revenue market share
Forecasts for this tracker are updated quarterly and include three years of historical data, two years of quarterly forecasts, and an additional three years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the country level. Examples of the segmentations being forecast in this tracker include:
- By units
- By customer value (US$ and local currency)
- By chip type (x86, non-x86)
- By horizontal (education, government, large business, medium-sized business, small business, and small office)
- By OS (Windows, Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, i5/OS, z/OS, and other OS)
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Historical data: Week 8 after period closes
- Forecast data: Week 9 after period closes
- Interactive briefing