IDC Tracker® + Data Products
Latin America Semiannual Security Appliance Tracker
IDC's Latin America Semiannual Security Appliance Tracker® provides quarterly data for the security appliance markets within enterprise networking (firewalls/VPN, VPN, IDS-IPS, UTM, and SCM). The product includes revenue for the security appliances vendors, an estimate of total market size (units and value), and an estimate of vendor market share per country. IDC provides unit and value segmentation by product category, vertical market, size of organization (small, midsize, and large), and type of channel (direct, distributor, VAR, SI, and other). The product covers Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perú, and Venezuela, with an aggregate total for the rest of Latin America.
Technology Coverage and Data Segmentation
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas and segmentations. Measurement for this tracker is in customer revenue and units (factory revenue data is available upon request) .
Technologies (subtechnologies are available upon request):
- Channels: Distributor, retail, system integrator, telco, and VAR, as well as aggregated others
- Company size: Enterprise (1,000+ employees), large business (500–999 employees), medium-sized/large business (250–499 employees), medium-sized business (100–249 employees), small business (10–99 employees), small office (1–9 employees), education, and government
- Vertical markets: Commerce, education, government, manufacturing, oil/gas/mining, services, telecommunications, and utilities
- Vendor market share by technology
- Product revenue by distribution channel
- Product revenue by size of company
- Product revenue by vertical market
- Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Perú, Venezuela, and the rest of Latin America)
Forecasts for this tracker are updated semiannually and include three years of historical data and five years of annual market projections. Forecasts are available at the regional and country levels and it´s opened by Technologies.
Delivery Schedule and Deliverables
This tracker is delivered on a semiannual basis with tools such as pivot tables. The delivery schedule for this tracker is as follows:
- Data for the first half of the year is delivered in October.
- Year-end data is delivered in April.